Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Mother Of Groom - Wedding Transport

10 September, 2012 at 09:32 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi,

Is it traditional for mother of bride to travel with mother of groom to wedding? Or not?

Thanks

14 replies

Latest activity by bluemoongirly, 12 September, 2012 at 16:51
  • cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure to be honest. I always thought that MOB and MOG got ready at their respective houses and travelled separately.

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

I thought they made their own way there i thought the groom was always with the best man

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

My Mum is going with my bridesmaids and then MOG is making her own way there with her H....

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

There are no rules these days. My groom, best man, fmil and flower girl are all travelling together in a campervan. With my mother in law being there I know they'll all get there on time!! Xx

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure. It's personal preference I think. My MIL2B will be travelling with my H2B and her husband. I offered her to come to the hotel first to get ready with us all but she said she'd be getting ready with the boys. I guess she'll do H2B a special breakfast etc.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Completely depends on location and personal preference.

My mum travelled in the car with the BMs, because she was getting ready at the hotel with me. MIL travelled separate with SILs, although we did arrange for our car to pick her up.

• E
    Beginner June 2013
    Emotionalwreck2013 ·
    • Hide content

My MIL will make her own way to our wedding with her husband. We get married very close to where they live though so there isnt much travelling involved.

You have got me worried now that I need to 'offer' transport.

From the weddings I have been involved in over the years though, the in laws make their own way, even when there is quite a bit of travelling involved.

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    Blondilocks ·
    • Hide content

My mum is going to be staying in the venue the night before along with me a several other members of my family.

I assume at the moment mum of the groom will arrive at the venue with her mum and sister(s).

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it is traditional for grooms parents to have special transport to the wedding, they usually make their own way, but it depends what you want. After sulks and complaints we went for an easy life and organised a taxi with wedding ribbon for grooms parents.

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

OH's parents have booked some vehicle (it's a surprise) to take all them all so his mum, nanan, dad, best man and ushers are all going in that.

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

Ive had this, but only because i just wanted a bridal car for me, dad and bridesmaid.

My own mother took own mother took umbridge at this.

Now we have two cars which are doing two trips (our parents live half a mile from each other).

Trip one will take OH, Best man and parents (not FSIL if i can help it)

Trip two my mother, bridesmaid, two ushers, possibly my gran, me and dad!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics