Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

debmci

Mother of the Bride!

debmci, 30 April, 2010 at 12:25 Posted on Planning 0 30

My mums started having a wee nosey about but hasnt seen anything she loves really yet! Where have you all got your mammies outfits from? I know we have a wee while but i think mum would like to be very organised!!??

30 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 2 May, 2010 at 14:11
  • Gen28
    Beginner August 2010
    Gen28 ·
    • Hide content

My mum got her dress from BHS they have loads of different things in there to suit loads of styles - its a calf lenght dress thats mink with a off cream lace over the top it looks lovely and very summer wedding but not a dress where everyone will be thinking what is she wearing kind of thing

xx

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Were just going to go to London one weekend and go to Selfridges, HOF, Harrods and John Lewis - There MUST be something she will like in one of those.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

My mum's is from Debenhams, from the Jacques Vert range. I'd suggest checking out Debs, HoF etc as all these stores have lots of concessions, so you can see lots of different things.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we had a wee look in Jaques Vertes but there was nothing she saw that she liked! but will keep an eye on their newer stuff coming in.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That given me a wee idea. My sis is in Glasgow going her PGCE and my bro works over there as well. Mum and I could go over a wee trip and have a look in John Lewis, HoF and theres a Debenhams there too. Might try HoF in Belfast 1st tho!

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

This is what my mums wearing , its from debenhams, she thinks its a bit ott, but when she got married she didnt have a wedding dress as such , and i knew she wanted it when she tried it on , so i told her to go ahead and get it, i think she looks lovley in it

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I prob should have said my mum's 65! lol. I dont think she would fance a strapless dress! lol

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

Lmfao my mums 60

• itgirlno1
    Beginner June 2010
    itgirlno1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

I wanted her to have a special day too, like i said she didnt have much of a wedding , shes asked my dad to renew their vows and as a typical 70 year old man he cant see the point , so i thought she could have a great dress for my wedding instead , she has a matching bolero to go with it

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I helped my mum get her MofB outfit for my sisters wedding last September. She tried everywhere from the really expensive in Selfidges to standard high street and ended up getting a beautiful outfit in BHS from a special collection called Sophie Gray. She ended up getting everything she needed from shoes to hat and it looked so lovely on!

Good luck.

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

My mum got hers from Hobbs, it's gorgeous, a purple chiffon dress with a cropped jacket to match.

Edited to add - my mum is only 48 though so it's definitely a younger style outfit

• queencrunchy
    queencrunchy ·
    • Hide content

I was thinkong of booking my mum a Debenhams personal shopper and having a shopping day with a nice lunch. My mum's in her early 60s and keeps saying how old and frumpy she looks and how nothing suits her, so I'm hoping the personal shopper will be able to find her something she's happy with.

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

Harrods. Took her ages to find something!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

My mum got hers from a fancy MOTB shop in Glasgow as she didn't want to risk seeing anyone else in her dress. As it happens, she's spent a FORTUNE on her dress (possibly more than mine, but she won't say).... She also about it what seems like years ago because she wanted to 'be prepared'.

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

Deborah, I would highly recommend you coming into Belfast with your mum & going up the Ormeau Road & Lisburn Road....there are stacks for places to look in. La Femme & Blush are great.

• I
    Beginner July 2010
    IrishBride ·
    • Hide content

HI

Looking for my mum's outfit at the end of May - and never thought of a personal shopper in Debenhams, have just emailed them to see if someone is available on that day - cant loose anything by trying it out - think it is a great idea.

Thanks for that bit of information!

xx

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im with ya! It is a fabulous dress but I just know my mum wouldnt be comfortable in something like that.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I might just do that. I think mum mentioned Ballymena as well for a look...but sometimes i think they're all department stores and will they just have the same thing everywhere!!??? Those ones on the Lisburn Road would be good tho!

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

La Femme is where my mum got hers & she had already done the department store thing with no sucess. They stock linea raffaelli, which is pricey but amazing. Worth looking online to see the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Also, if you go, the staff are really good & friendly, would highly recommend Robyn, who sized my mum perfectly (shes a shop size 12 (small 12 though) ) & the 10-12 fitted far better than the 12-14 that she was originally told.

I've heard quite a few people say ballymena, I'm not sure which shops, or if they have alot of boutique type places.

• itgirlno1
    Beginner June 2010
    itgirlno1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww that's so lovely! Why don't you convince him to do it as a surprise for your mum - she'll never guess

• sara 40
    sara 40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Deborah

Has your Mum had a look at any of the bridal shops for something.

My Aunt last year tried every where end up getting her outfit made for her because she could see what see wanted, also she was small and thin.

I would try Lisburn Rd like BonnieLass suggested, there are lovely shops along there

Other place you could try Logans Cloughmills, Colarine there also a new shop open in Gail Conway C.Fe**us does outfits for weddings etc.

Hope this helps

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

My Mam had terrible trouble finding something. She tried on loads all over the place of varying prices (the most expensive was £400+) and didn't find anything she liked or fitted her.

She's 62 and has what she calls "a pot". She wanted a long dress but it had to be empire line cos of the pot. In the end, she found a dress in Roman Originals (online) which was reduced to £20! Sje bought it thinking it wouldn't be suitable but she's sent me a pic and it looks lovely

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i tried , i said id share my day with them, he said he wouldnt walk me down the isle, think he was joking, but not quite sure , might ask him again though a bit nearer to the time

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

O i kind of forgot about logans!! We could make a day of it! Coleraine - Logans - Ballymena! see how we get on, then if there time Belfast!!

• sara 40
    sara 40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi deborah

I was up in Belfast today, going pass J Millers , they have some beautiful M.O.B outfits in the window, hope this helps

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    MrsS2B2010 ·
    • Hide content

Think Linea Raffaelli is great for MOB (as Bonnie Lass has already mentioned). My mum got her outfit from a shop called Any Occasion in Tunbridge Wells, Kent that stocked it and she is chuffed with it (after looking everywhere), so maybe if there is a shop nearby stocking Linea Raffaelli your mum could take a look there

BTW my mum is 50, so she felt her dress looked MOB without looking frumpy/too young - difficult to get the balance

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Here's the site where my mum got hers from:

http://www.theweddingshop.co.uk/mother_of_the_bride/veni_infantino.html

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Here https://www.nigelraymentboutique.co.uk/collections/mother-of-the-bride-groom-dresses

But its in South West, im not sure if they offer a shipping service.

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

My mumsie, isn't a dress lady. So we found a gorgeous trouser suit in BHS! Totally suits her and goes well with my colour scheme!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

O i hadnt thought of going there!! Might go for a w ee look? Do you know if i would need an appointment for the MOB section?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics