Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

meandmrjones2014
Beginner March 2014

Mother of the Bride and Father of the Bride Gifts

meandmrjones2014, 8 of January of 2014 at 15:19 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi there

I am trying to think of a small token to give to my mum and dad the night before the wedding. Wanted to get them mugs done but they look a bit naff the ones I have seen. Also thought of making my own "survival kits" you see on amazon etc but make mine more tied into wedding theme

anyone have any ideas where I could get any of this as all i get when i search is etsy and ebay or expamples of what they have bought?

not doing the formal handing over of presents during speeches want to do it night before!!

3 replies

Latest activity by *PN*, 8 of January of 2014 at 17:45
  • *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering this myself. Both sets of parents have given big contributions and we really want to thank them but can't afford to do anything special til after the wedding. We'll prob send them away somewhere for weekend and do albums for them both. Not sure what to do before the wedding though as we don't want it to seem like we're not grateful

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Im the same - my parents have done so so much for us, OH mum is on her own so not so able to help out which i know she feels bad about but we dont expect it.

i got a bit teary looking at mother of the bride cards and verses over lunch!

do you think the survival kits are cheesy??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOTHER-THE-BRIDE-SURVIVAL-GIFT/dp/B003S2FJ5I

if i did one i reckon i will try and do my own as this one isnt my style but just a wee idea. also thinking of getting my dad father of the bride dvd and we can all watch it the night before?? (i'll be a mess watching it bawled my eyes out watching it on my own a few months ago ha ha)

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

The survival kit is kinda cool. I personally would do my own and be less soppy. We're just not soppy people. But I think it's a good idea.

Beginner April 2014
    *PN* ·
    • Hide content

The survival kits are sweet, but think £6.75 + pp is pretty expensive for what it is! I agree you could try doing it yourself for a fraction of the price!

How about buying a frame and then put a note saying photo coming soon... and use a photo of you all from the wedding? I think I will do this.

Or there's journals like this https://ohsocherished.co.uk/product/2787/296/my_beautiful_parents_wedding_journal where you write down your memories. But again this can be done a lot cheaper!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics