Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

maidenheadgirl
Beginner May 2013

Mother of the Bride - Dress Flash please?

maidenheadgirl, 29 of April of 2013 at 10:37 Posted on Planning 0 32

Hi all,

I have absolutely no idea what my 74 year old mom is going to wear on my big day in 26 days! She's a little unsure about what to wear and I would love to share a couple of flashes of what the other mom's wore/will wear to their daughters' wedding.

Please could you be kind enough to flash your mom's outfit if you don't mind me sharing it with my mummy?

Thanks SO much Smiley winking

32 replies

Latest activity by pinkypoo85, 26 of March of 2015 at 21:59
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

This was mine by John Charles:-

And me in it! Although the model is tall and leggy and I'm short and little legs Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Mummy kharv Smiley smile

It's a Condici suit but she bought it second hand on Preloved as couldn't quite bring herself to spend the £1000+ it cost new!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

This was my mum's (at our home reception). I think it was Veni Infantino.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

My Mum wore a Phase Eight dress:

• Stacey_S
    Beginner June 2013
    Stacey_S ·
    • Hide content

My MIL is wearing this one from Phase Eight

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Mum's is a Condici.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Sal, my mam was completely torn between your mum's and the one she ended up with!

• maidenheadgirl
    Beginner May 2013
    maidenheadgirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. They all look wonderful ?

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kharv - they are both beautiful dresses/outfits. Mum only bought hers 5/6 weeks before the wedding (dad was in hospital with his stroke) and they went into the shop and mum fell in love with the dress but not the price tag (in the SALE at £650!). Mum told me sister to undo the zip and take it off her as she couldnt contemplate that price. The sales assistant skittled off and came back and asked mum what she could pay and mum said £300 maximum and the manager then said, you can have it for that price! Bargainous as you so rightly know they are upwards of £900.......

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Wow that is good! My mam got hers from preloved for about £500 inc the hat, I think! Still a bargain compared to the £1200 it would have been new though!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Mummy Bubble is wearing this...

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

KB - your mum's outfit is gorgeous!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Kharv - indeed that is a flipping bargain. The sales assistant said that if she sold it on, she would probably get anything from £600 upwards for it!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

My mum got her dress from Jaques Vert and the jacket from Coast.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Not an OM yet, but my Mum is going to be wearing this dress

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111000210683?var=410156379562&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

We are having a fairly informal day and she has to wear fairly flat shoes so she wanted a longer dress than the traditional MOB outfits.

All of your Mum's look lovely!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hadn't seen it all together and was a bit concerned she would look like a Christmas tree but it actually works really well together!

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what my MIL is wearing too (great minds!)

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

My mum discovered this site she loves! they have shops on the high street too.

/dresses/occasion-dresses

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

This is my Mum's outfit, she's worried it's not 'mother of the bride' enough but it suits her and she looks fabulous in it. She's going to wear a big hat to make it a little more outrageous.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Aw thanks Ravioliruby! Alas, the hat has gone to a new hat hire home on ebay and the outfit.... well, I swore I wouldn't ever sell it as it cost a small fortune and I doubt I will ever pay that for a dress again but I thought it seems such a shame for it to be hung in the bag in the wardrobe so I put it on ebay last year for a starting price of £200 and it didn;t sell so maybe that's telling me I should hold on to it Smiley winking !!.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

It's my lovely mums 65th birthday next week and she's been instructed to keep her new hat shoes and handbag hidden away until then as they are her prezzy from her husband so I have yet to see her whole outfit, but she called me the other day squealing with delight to say she had it all sorted. I'll be sure to flash once I have pucs but in the meantime this is her outfit:

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Kharv, mummy Kharv's outfit is beautiful!! I love it!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Mummy Loopz. Silly mummy, all the photos of her have her coat on though! (excuse quality, we don't have our photos through yet, so it's just a low res one from the website)

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have lots of pretty fascinators when she has the outfit.

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk

Lynne

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Excellent thread, I have just booked shopping days with my ma and boyos ma toward the end of May this is excellent inspiration- all your mothers (and you rainbow!) look beautiful.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Now I have learnt how to do flashes I can insert a pic of my lovely Mum's dress! It was originally from Monsoon - £170 but she got it new with tags on Ebay for £70 Smiley smile

• J
    jessdaniel ·
    • Hide content

I think you give your mom a special surprise like as plus size mother of the bride dresses are the best idea to give your mother and its perfect.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

This is my mums. It has a contrast plum lining which is actually pretty visible but not in this picture. The dress is navy. She looks fanstastic in it. She will be 70 the day after the wedding.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

This is my mums from Phase Eight, she's not as tall as this woman so it come just to her knee. She looks beautiful in it! She is undecided on accessories yet but in the shop tried it was chocolate brown which worked well and then also a bright pink. She couldn't pick between the two!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics