Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2010

Mother of the Bride Outfit

AGwedding, 25 of January of 2010 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find mother of the bride outfits to hire in the North West of England/ Cheshire area? My mum has started looking for her outfit and we we're both pretty shocked at the prices. She can't afford to pay hundeds for an outfit so i thought hiring might be a better option??

Thanks for your help!

(Please excuse me if I have done this wrong - I have never been on a forum before!)

8 replies

Latest activity by Karen1980, 22 of February of 2010 at 07:27
  • debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry no idea about the area but have you tried monsoon or some other high street shop?

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about the area either and not sure about hiring, but my mum is having the same dilemma. She saw a gorgeous Condici outfit online which turned out to be about £800! I told her to stop looking at mother of bride outfits from the bridal/occasion shops as she only ideally wants to spend about £100!

Depending on the sort of outfit your mum wants, they have a few in monsoon, some in Debenhams, Coast, House of Fraser, John Lewis. ALso I think it was Littlewoods catalogue that had some nice ones.

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

what about trying a 'shopping day'. maybe the trafford centre? theres lots of different shops to try there

• K
    Beginner April 2010
    kazndave ·
    • Hide content

I'm taking my mum & grandma to Meadowhall on friday. i'm going to try to get a personal shopper to help. probably going to try all the big shops like debenhams, m&s, bhs.

• S
    Beginner May 2010
    surfgirl ·
    • Hide content

My Mum ordered loads of stuff online to try on, you can get stuff in your price range and send back if it doesn't fit. But my mum didn't like the traditional mother of bride type outfits, she eneded up just getting a really nice dress with a matching bolero.

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Why dont you try cheshire oaks?

xxx

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

I know Sense and Sensibility in Stockport do MOTB outfits - but echo everyone else they will be dead expensive so why not go to a nice department store and get a style advisor to help you - much more choice and better value for money. Coast is also amazing for smart tailored clothes.

Good luck!

• A
    Beginner August 2010
    AGwedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - some good suggestions that I hadn't thought of. I'll take a look ?

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

BHS have a couple of nice outfits too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics