Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2014

Mother of the bride outfit

Natalielousie, 10 of May of 2014 at 02:16 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello ladies,

I am hoping some of you may be able to make some suggestions.

My mum has been looking for her outfit for a few weeks now and can't find anything she likes. She is in her early 60s but is slim and fashionable and in her words doesn't want anything 'mumsy, dowdy or a dress/jacket combo'

She has looked up in London in all the high street stores, i.e. House of Fraser, Phase Eight, Fenwicks, etc etc

Does anybody know of any boutique or individual shops we could try?! We could go anywhere in London, Essex, Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Hampshire....

Thanks ladies! ??

9 replies

Latest activity by BeccaM2b83, 14 of May of 2014 at 20:47
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Has your Mum seen the John Charles range? I got my MOB outfit from a small boutique that stocks his designs after a 6 month search. I also had the problem that I am in my early 60's and everything was far too mumsy and frumpy in the bridal shops. A lot of his designs do have a bolero type jacket but they are very comfortable to wear and you don't really feel like you are wearing a jacket. This was mine:-

If you have a look at their website, they will tell you the nearest stockist. Mother of the Bride shops really need to catch on to the fact that 60 is the new 40 !!!

• N
    Beginner July 2014
    Natalielousie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! They look lovely and just the sort of thing she is looking for! ?

open to to other suggestions also!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure you've already tried this but have you tried looking online at things she may like then going in store to find the items and try them on? Going round shop after shop can be frustrating and may alter her opinion on an outfit. So if you both go to a shop where you know an item she likes is it may help her?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Kaliko have some gorgeous stuff - thanks for suggesting them. Some really good potential BM dresses Smiley smile x

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Try Savvy Cinderella, March, Cambs. They stock mother of the bride and guest dresses and I sell fascinators and handbags in a concession there. We can help your mum.

#Lynne

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

Obviously dowdy is subjective but has she looked at jacques vert?? My mum is in a cream and black dress from them that is gorgeous. Their hats are lovely too xxx

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Boden? They do lots of grown up but not frumpy dresses.

https://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses

• BeccaM2b83
    Beginner December 2015
    BeccaM2b83 ·
    • Hide content

This place is in Bromley..... http://www.mother-bride.com. They have a good collection

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics