Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious June 2023 Oxfordshire

Mother of the Bride Outfit Challenge

Rebecca, 12 of June of 2022 at 21:04 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 7
Hi there. My mum is best part of 6ft tall and has a large bust and has a real struggle finding places that can accommodate her figure. Pretty much the only place is Long Tall Sally but there's not many options. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!

7 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca, 19 of June of 2022 at 16:04
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Could she look at getting something made by a local dressmaker? I know someone who has to have all her clothes handmade due to a physical abnormality, and it's not as expensive as you would think (and her clothes are more complex than most because the dressmaker can't just use a straightforward pattern because of her issue)

• R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's been suggested to her but we're not sure where to start locating a reputable seamstress. They don't by any chance live in the Birmingham area to they?
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I think JJs house will make dresses to measure - I got my bridesmaids dresses from them and they are great but I got them off the peg so can’t comment on bespoke offerings but I think it’s an option and they have a huge range.
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jane, I'll suggest them to her!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought my 5 BM dresses from JJs house and three were custom made. All fantastic quality and excellent service as they emailed me to check sizes for the bespoke dresses. All of them fit well although we might get my sisters adjusted as the shoulders were a bit big but I think that was more the style of dress. They have infinite style and colour choice and we have been really impressed with JJs.
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My Auntie sometimes looks through Next tall, and long tall Sally. I'm sure most of my Aunts occasion wear is next though as long tall doesn't have huge selection. My sister in law 6ft 5, she also suggested next tall. Good luck xx
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fab, thank you for these suggestions! Will definitely suggest them 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics