Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Savvy June 2021 Mid Glamorgan

Mother of the bride outfits?

Lovestoned21, 27 of February of 2021 at 23:07 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi everyone!

I am hopefully getting married this June and I'm trying to help my mum find a dress. The issue is that a lot of mother of the bride outfits are very older lady looking. And also so expensive! My mum has no interest in paying hundreds for one day. We have very different taste, so a lot of nice dresses I've seen online are totally not her cup of tea. She likes classy, straight cut lines and all that. So many dresses are lacy but she doesn't like lace. I'm just wondering where people's mums have gotten their dresses from? I'm helping because I know it will stress her out if she can't find anything bless her!
Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Latest activity by Lovestoned21, 2 of March of 2021 at 17:18
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Have you tried Roman Originals https://www.roman.co.uk/? They have a good range of stuff for different ages and some formal/occasion outfits which might suit what she is looking for.
    Good luck
  • L
    Lovestoned21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sarah - I've had a look and sent her a couple that were nice but I can't believe how fussy she is ?
  • L
    Lovestoned21 ·
    • Hide content
    That's a good plan! There is only one dress that my mum has really liked and it's from ChiChi (it's not super young looking like a lot of them are). It's classy and simple but I feel it's kind of boring.
    I want her to just get a dress really soon in case she gets one too close to the time and doesn't like it, because I don't want her to be upset and not feeling positive about her outfit close to the wedding. I'm sure she will find something!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics