Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner August 2011

Mother of the bride outfits?

dakini, 30 May, 2011 at 00:07 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

I am getting married on 20/8/11 and everything is pretty much sorted! yay!

Unfortunately my mum is freaking out! She has no idea what to wear.

Can anyone recommend good mother of the bride shops in yorkshire? she is a size 20 so they will need to cater for bigger sizes and she will need to try on so buying online isn't an option. She doesn't have a massive budget we were hoping for £200ish .

Any help would be appreciated as she is getting quite nervous about it!

thanks

Kirsty

4 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 30 May, 2011 at 07:49
  • MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

Hello! My Mum got her outfit at a Mother of the Bride boutique. It was very pricey but they did cheaper stuff too. Her outfit is by designer Condici, and although my Mum is about a 14 ish, the lady was telling us they get alot of varying customers as they do sizes up to 24 I think. maybe google that designer or just mother of the bride in your area and call and ask about sizes, that way you don't have to feel bad if they don't as it's only a phone call!

Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - Not sure whereabouts in Yorkshire you are but I tried the following:-

In Wakefield area:-

Mabel James

No 10 in Horbury

W'Mann in Ossett

Christie Lea in Batley

The Mill outlet in Batley

Beatties in Huddersfield

I ended up buying my outfit at Margaret Webb in Wakefield With only a few weeks left, I had done just about every shop in the area including Debenhams, House of Fraser, etc. I am only 4ft 11 and had lots of difficulty with plunging necklines and long skirts neither are any good to me! I did try a few MOB shops but I found as soon as I mentioned I was looking for an outfit for my daughter's wedding, I was ushered into a corner where prices started at £800 which I wasn't prepared to pay. I also found that MOB shops had styles that looked too 'mumsy' for me.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My MoB has her outift from Jacque Verts @ Debenhams, but it wasn't very reasonable price wise.

My MoG has has her outfit from BHS - I think it's come in less than £200 for the dress. bolero, shoes, bag and hat:

• Peachblossom
    Beginner March 2012
    Peachblossom ·
    • Hide content

Depends where you are in Yorkshire - a friends mum got her MOB outfit from sister in Chesterfield, although I'm not sure how it cost, but she said the assisstants were lovely. So if you're South Yorkshire that wouldn't be far. My mum and FMIL haven't got anything yet but they've been looking in places like Phase Eight.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hobbs is another shop who do some lovely outfits - they have a branch in Meadowhall, Sheffield.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics