Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner April 2014

Mother of the bride shopping in Manchester

JMarieS, 9 of November of 2013 at 15:49 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

Question to all Manchester brides: where did your mums get their outfits from? I'm getting married in April next year so now seems like a good time to start looking. Unfortunately the high street is all about winter and Christmas right now so no luck there. Any ideas for shops that sell this stuff all year round?

Thanks for your help

x

10 replies

Latest activity by Childhood-Sweet<3, 12 of November of 2013 at 16:54
  • mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Me and Mum picked hers out online (Monsoon) and she ordered it from their website. If we hadn't done that we would have probably gone to somewhere like John Lewis in the Trafford Centre. Look on the big department store's websites and make a list of places to visit.

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    Katty1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi janine

im a manchester bride and getting married in April too!

Oh oh go dim dreading the mother of the bride outfit hunting as my mum isn't the type to wear a traditional mother of the bride type outfit (or dressy at all really!)

i would probably suggest house of Fraser? Lots of different depts in there? Maybe wait till just after new year bc as soon as the sales are out of the way they will have all their spring lines out xxx

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    JMarieS ·
    • Hide content

Thanks.

My mum isn't the type to wear a traditional outfit either. I think you're right- we might have to wait until the new year. Good luck when you do start looking.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm marrying in April too. Spooky!

My mum didn't want to wear something too mothery either, she said a lot of the 'mother of the bride' stuff was frumpy.

This is what she chose.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

That's gorgeous Moosh, where's it from? I think I'll be hitting Manchester with my mum in the Spring in time for my August wedding.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, just seen your previous post.

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    JMarieS ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies. Mooshy - thats so lovely. I hope we can find something as nice as that in spring

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My mum got her dress from Phase Eight, this is the only pic I could find of the dress but she's got different shoes and hat.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My website has fascinators now and all year when she is ready.

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk

Lynne

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My mum also is not the traditional type. I knew she would want a long dress, and she was worried she would look like a glorified bridesmaid. We found one in Ghost in the end, and it looks incredible!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics