Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lapland2015
Beginner December 2015

Mother of the bride trouser suit/long dress

Lapland2015, 29 of March of 2015 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 6

My mum is having doubts about her dress for our wedding and is considering a new one. She likes the idea of a trouser and jacket combo the other alternative will be a long dress with a jacket I think. The standard outfit seems to be below the knee dresses with jackets but it's not practical for Lapland. I want to try find her some options that won't break the bank so any help is appreciated!

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 29 of March of 2015 at 20:48
  • BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

Some of these are gorgeous: http://www.raishma.co.uk/asian-suits/trousers-suit.html

Quite dramatic and different, but I don't know your mum's taste. I'd try the usual BHS, Debenhams, Monsoon, East, Chesca, Phase Eight, Viyella, CC for inspiration.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

My mum wants something long too but doesnt want trousers. Think we are gong to have to order online as not seen anything in shops. If you google mother of the bride long dresses then lots of sites come up. Heres a couple of examples of what my mum has been looking at....

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Don't know what your mum is like (it wouldn't work for mine) but have you looked at bridesmaids dresses? The high street ones would fit the bill of long, posh, and could be paired with a jacket

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

A couple of examples

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010440235_-1

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_60514+FFN0021107_-1

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies. I was hoping to avoid online orders as she ordered her original dress offline so wanted to see if I could take her somewhere to try something on. I thought about bridesmaid dresses but she was wary of being seen as 'trying to be a bridesmaid' I think the problem is every image she sees are the just below the knee fitted dresses so she thinks long isn't right. I thought my dress would be a tough one but hers is harder lol

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the links. They don't look like traditional bridesmaid dresses so I wonder if I could deny all knowledge of knowing they are bridesmaids lol

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Actually they both came under evening dresses rather than bridesmaid, so no problem! They have a few that look less bridesmaidy, could be worth a look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics