Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2012

Mottram Hall, Cheshire

Meggiemoo1981, 4 September, 2011 at 12:29 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

We are considering Mottram Hall for our venue. Has anyone had their wedding there, or stayed there before?

Thanks

Ellen

10 replies

Latest activity by shellsworth, 6 September, 2011 at 10:37
  • J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Its a lovely venue, and the staff are really good. Never attended a wedding but I have eaten there quite a bit and stayed overnight.

I do a lot of venue dressing there,all of my Brides have been very happy with their weddings

We do wedding open evenings for them, the next one will be in the middle of October, we dress the room for a wedding and they send out an invitation to everyone who has inquired or booked with them, usually they are on from 3-8pm and there are staff there to give you a show round.

My one tip would be though when you are booking your bedroom ask if you can see the terrace suite as well as the Bridal suite, a lot of people prefer it as the Bridal suite can get a bit stuffy in the summer, terrace suite has a patio .If you want to know anything else give me a shout

Jules

If you are considering a summer wedding you can get married outside and the grounds are lovely.

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

When we were viewing venues we did look at Mottram hall but the main room seemed really worn (wine stains on the carpet, wallpaper was ripped and the room smelt of a toilet) Maybe we caught them on a bad day?

Sorry If I've put you off, but looking on the website Mottram Hall seemed like it would be perfect for us, and when we got out i cried in the car because i was worried we would never find a venue!

I had booked an appointment to be shown round. When we arrived the woman on reception was rude and shouted in the back "Ive got people who want to be shown round.....pfft no im not doing it" then a 17 year old boy came out and showed us around. All respect to the lad, he didnt know much but tried his best. When he was showing us the bedrooms he borrowed a key card from a cleaner who then came following us muttering in polish then snatched the key from the young lad so we couldnt look any more....not quite the experience we were expecting..

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

We was also considering Mottram Hall but we went to see Cheadle House ( also apart of De Vere) instead & i loved the place the packages there are brilliant where as Mottram hall didn't have any packages as such and was a little out of our budget but i'm happy with my venue,

Have a good look around before you decide anything

Good Luck

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I considered it but after I had made initial enquiries they stalked me. I had phone calls nearly everyday and lots of emails. Really annoyed me!

• jaijai85
    Beginner October 2015
    jaijai85 ·
    • Hide content

I did go to view mottram hall but was quite disappointed to be honest.

for the money they were asking i would of expected more. the room look very tired and grubby and as if it needed a good lick of paint. i didnt think it was very big for the numbers either. the grounds are lovely though

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the honest replies! We're going to view it anyway as we've now booked in to stay two nights (there was a 2for1 offer!). But I guess I'm more prepared for it to be disappointing!!!

• L
    Beginner October 2011
    leyden ·
    • Hide content

Hi, after reading the negative comments i felt i had to reply. We are having our wedding there next month. Sam (Samantha) the wedding co-ordinator is lovely. She is so passionate about her job. We met with her on Saturday to finalise details and a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders, knowing I was in safe hands. Once you contact the hotel you speak with the wedding team - and they show you round, so I am not sure why this didnt happen for the other person.

We are getting married in the Garden Room, which has character, and not like some 'office' type rooms you find in more modern hotels. Our wedding breakfast is then in the St Andrews Suite. Which i tastefully done and clean. The seperate bar area is also nice., with large comfy chairs.... The grounds are stunning.

Mottram Hall do have 'packages' and we have chosen the Sunday Package, which I believe is good value for money.

I will report back AFTER my wedding !

Go and look round yourself and see what you think - let us know !! xx

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the reply! Ooooooh how exciting. When are you getting married? I wonder if its when we're staying there!! I really like the look of the venue and can't wait to stay. I'm sure it is beautiful! I look forward to hearing all about your wedding day after it has taken place!!!

A couple of questions (hope you don't mind!!).......how negotiable was the price? Are the package prices set in stone? Is there any flexibility on the packages? Personally I would prefer a Saturday wedding but I'm guessing pricewise it is loads more. I think if we have Mottram Hall then it would also have to be on the Sunday.

Good luck! Let us know how it went!!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, actually I have not been to there before...but I just search the internet just now,sounds like it's a lovely place,good luck~

• L
    Beginner October 2011
    leyden ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Sunday 2nd October - not long now ! Yes the package prices are set in stone (though remember, with the sunday package it doesnt inc tea/coffee and also wine, so you need to add that on).... After looking at loads of venues in the Cheshire area our sacrifice was to get married on a Sunday. No one has moaned about it being a Sunday (if you were to get married on a Friday everyone would have to take a day off work anyway) so this way everyone has taken the Monday off ! We just have 2 teacher friends who cant stay as they have to be in school on the Monday...

Sam was very good as with the Sunday package you choose menu A, B,C or D. However, when we went on Saturday to finalise details she let us choose or own menu - so we swaped and changed and now we are v happy ! Also, my partner wanted bottles of beer for the boys so again, Sam has allowed us to have Buzz Fizz (could have been pimms) for the girls and beer for the boys.... the evening buffet also looks plentiful.... all in all we believe we have got a good deal at a stunning venue.

I'll be in touch after the 2nd Oct x

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

Can I add that I didnt want to disappoint or upset anyone by my thoughts on Mottram Hall. The garden room would be a stunning room to get married in, but as you could guess from my previous post the service we got was shockingly bad and unprofessional - maybe we just caught them on a bad day.

End of the day, the venue is what is right for you - so have a lovely couple of nights stay and I hope it is what is right for you. And Leyden - Have a brilliant wedding Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics