Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cheekygill
Beginner May 2010

Mottram Hall/Hoole Hall/Grosvenor Pulford

cheekygill, 8 February, 2009 at 13:48 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all

Having viewed many & looking on a trillion websites, these venues are now my final 3 and I was wondering if anyone is getting married at any of them or has ever been to a wedding at any of them?

Any info/advice would be appreciated...

Gill

9 replies

Latest activity by mrsreynolds2be, 1 June, 2009 at 17:31
  • Dobege (HIB)
    Dobege (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

We've shot weddings at Mottram Hall (as its just down the road), lovely gardens, staff have always been attentive.

My brother also got married there but that was 12 years ago so not really a current review but it was all good Smiley smile

Not been to the other two venue so can't comment. I'm sure someone will be along who can.

Martin

• Nicola Grimshaw-Mitchell
    Nicola Grimshaw-Mitchell ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I've photographed weddings at Mottram and the Grosevnor Pulford but not Hoole Hall. In my opinion Mottram has the edge, it's a slendid looking venue! The Grosvenor Pulford isn't quite as gorgeous but the staff are lovely and food was wonderful, also at the Grosvenor Pulford you can get married outside under their gazebo - this is fabulous for summer weddings.

Good luck!

Nicola

x

• Z
    ZoeR ·
    • Hide content

Well, I can pitch in with the last one, as I have photographed a wedding at Hoole Hall last September since it was refurbished and it is gorgeous! In fact, I have a sample album I can let you view on my website, so please get in touch if you'd like to see what Hoole Hall can look like in photographs. It actually gives some amazing opportunities for the photography particularly if you like stylish, contemporary photographs. The great thing about Hoole Hall is that it has great places to photograph inside as well as out, so if the weather is typically british you still get great photographs.

I can also vouch for the staff being some of the best I have ever come across - their professionalism is the kind that you feel is very genuine - they really want to help and you believe that they do, and everything they do is with a smile. Claire is particulalry good as the co-ordinator too.

And finally, the way that Hoole Hall has been refurbished is really stylish, a very careful blend of the contemporary with the traditional. You honestly couldn't choose a better venue in the North West (well, maybe Knowsley Hall, but I'm biased cos we're based on the Knowsley Hall Park!)

If you want the password for the Hoole Hall album drop me an email at ***@**************.**.**

Take care

Zoe

• M
    mariets ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree, but beware of the clumsy wine waiter who knocked a full glass of red wine all over the bride during the meal..They did have it cleaned and boxed for her afterwards, but it took a glass of CBM's white wine followed by a whole bottle from another table to get most of the stain out and she had a lovely blush pink dress for the rest of the day...

• saz71
    Rockstar December 2008
    saz71 ·
    • Hide content

My sister was married at Grosvenor Pulford before they built the big function room, and my friend got married there later on and I have to say it's a bit faceless for me in the new room and I much preferred it when my sister was married. Service was good on both occasions though.

Can't comment on Hoole Hall as I've not been in since it reopened and haven't been to Mottram Hall sorry.

My H is a chef so will ask him (his old Sous Chef is now at Hoole Hall I think).

• saz71
    Rockstar December 2008
    saz71 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to thread crash but just re read your post - you may know my H then - he's the chef at Knowsley Hall (old hall, where they hold the weddings, not the new hall), and agree - it's stunning and we considered it for our wedding, but thought he'd be constantly on duty!

Cheekygill- We ended up at Rossett Hall just up the road from the Grosvenor which incidentally was fantastic and the service was impeccable.

• Z
    ZoeR ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Saz

I don't yet know your H, no, but then we only moved in about 3 or 4 weeks ago - I'm still in the honeymoon period of being totally in awe of where we have been able to move to! We're on Stanley Grange which is by the Ormskirk Road lodge gates - we have the view of the Dovecote Court from our office, and it's just heavenly. Birds singing, fields with sheep and lambs, a woodland walk, and it always seems to be just so peaceful! If you live nearby you'd be welcome to come over and say hi, and see us and how gorgeous it is ... see, I'm still really excited about it LOL What's your H's name?

Z

• cheekygill
    Beginner May 2010
    cheekygill ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys - thanks for all your comments.

After viewing them all now, I am well and truly torn between two! Mottram Hall and Hoole Hall - both are stunning in their own very separate ways!

I have provisionally booked the two, so its now down to me and my other half to have a serious chat to weigh up the pros/cons!!

Wish me luck.....

• J
    Beginner August 2010
    joannek83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gill

Do you have any ideas roughly of the prices for Hoole Hall. I have left there wedding coordinator numerous messages but she never gets back to me. This was on our shortlist of venues to see however I don't want to go if it is too expensive!

Thanks

Joanne

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    mrsreynolds2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi there...

im getting married at hoole hall in june next year. we are having 100 guests to the daytime and catering for 170 guests for the evening. we have opted for the bbq as our wedding breakfast also. it is costing us £8000 for the day and night.

hope this helps....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics