Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2014

Mr & mrs sign

future.mrs.c, 18 of January of 2014 at 13:57 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hi everyone,

if your having 1 where r u getting it from?

We want it as are top table centre piece with our new surname.

Just got a quote for £86! I thought was a bit expensive? Or is that about right?

Thank you Smiley smile

24 replies

Latest activity by Stephie, 18 of November of 2014 at 12:37
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/advancedsearchresults.aspx?query=letters

paint them yourself and bobs your uncle! Smiley smile

we're not having them unfortunately so i can't be of more help......

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a great idea! I'm not having one either so I can't help.

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are getting ours off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MR-AND-MRS-SIGN-WITH-SURNAME-FREESTANDING-WOODEN-LETTERS-/181132342620?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item2a2c54355c

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Ive seen them a few times but never with the surname, its usually on the top table like this

• MrsBarlowToBe
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBarlowToBe ·
    • Hide content

That's an awful lot of money, I got some letters from hobby craft, some paint and few crafty bits and made my own all for around 20pounds, although I haven't done our surname!!! Had lots of fun doing them too Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I made mine. It cost me around £12 in total

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had freestanding mdf ones from ebay which I painted myself. Were just over £1 each I think.

• loubi1uk
    Beginner July 2014
    loubi1uk ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from Hobby Craft. I then painted them cobalt blue and the & sign silver.

I know there only painted but we are very happy with them & was cheap & cheerful Smiley smile

• Mon2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Mon2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

Bought this sign last week and painted it white Smiley smile

• carbynel
    Beginner August 2014
    carbynel ·
    • Hide content
  • S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sept14 ·
    • Hide content

Mrs C - I am ordering these, what type of paint did you use?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We got plain white Mr & Mrs sign not with the surname, but saw the surname ones on ebay and definitely for a lot cheaper than what you were quoted Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for all your helpful replies. Can't believe how much of a rip off my quote was!

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

I hav my eye on a lovely east of india one for £5 it is a cream block that says Mr&Mrs on them. Like vintage style (our theme!)

I got decopatch latters from a craft shop and glued on torn pieces of paper to them with PVA spelling the word cake for our cake table, really pleased the them!

def worth doing yourself and cheap as chips!

I followed a tutorial on a facebook page from Northern Ireland called Brides-Made. Really easy to follow tips!!

• Mon2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Mon2014 ·
    • Hide content

Apologies, just seen your pots.

I have used the Wilko's quick dry satin paint in pure brilliant white...not that I have intended to, but I just had it in my house after some refurbishment work Smiley smile

I put two coats, but it does look nice...may sand the edges to make it look 'old' Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner
    c-ross ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

DIY / ebay / hobbycraft is fine for DIY type / crafty weddings. Like you could do your own flowers and bake your own cake and get your uncle to take the photos. Fine if you're on a v tight budget.

I tried making a MR & MRS SURNAME using cheap letters from hobbycraft and the results were terrible. The "wood" is really hard to paint, needs primer and loads of coats and I made a mess of it.

So after wasting about £50 on letters, paint, brushes etc. I bought some proper painted wedding letters from someone who did all the hardwork for me! Like anything with your wedding - you get what you pay for. They were lovely and had a patterned floral finish bespoke to my requirements

This is the company I used:

www.lovelettersdirect.weebly.com

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I bought this one for £9 from ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Mr-Mrs-sign-Freestanding-Top-Table-Wedding-Decoration-TWO-LINES-/321050962399?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item4ac020e9df

It arrived painted ivory with the little hearts painted gold. However, since purchasing I changed my colours so I have spray painted it silver with crystals on the hearts and it looks fab. It was really easy to paint - possibly because it was already painted and only needed one very thin coat. I bought the spray paint from homebase. I know some people have used car paint which holds better.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I got ours (without the surname) from eBay. You'll definitely find on on eBay for much less than the quote you got, especially if it's unpainted, then you can customise it to suit your colours/theme.

X

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've got one of these from the same seller! I love it - not huge, but big enough to be noticed and small enough to move around if needed!!

Good news about the spray paint - I'll decide nearer the time whether I want to change it, at the moment it is just the ivory and gold that it came as.

• L
    Beginner February 2016
    LuxuriousRedDecor145 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, I'm so glad I opened this thread! I've been searching - without success - for a Mrs & Mrs sign, and hadn't even considered a DIY one!

Al of your DIY ones are lovely Smiley heart

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

I bought the paper mache ones from this seller on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350531317969?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

We got the numbers and Mr and Mrs and our surname and then just DIY'd the edges with pearl embellishments

❤️

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know! Cheeky beggars!

On a separate note, I'm totally stealing this idea now for my top table too - thanks ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics