Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Mrs Rawe Wedding Report **FLASH**

14 of September of 2012 at 17:19

Posted on Planning 61

Bit of background: Chris and I met back in 2008 at Harley street. We were both having consultations for gastric band operations. We met in the waiting room and startedtalking. Short story is Chris had his and it work sgreat, I had mine and it didn’t work :-( We were engaged after 9 months and set...

Bit of background:

Chris and I met back in 2008 at Harley street. We were both having consultations for gastric band operations.

We met in the waiting room and startedtalking.

Short story is Chris had his and it work sgreat, I had mine and it didn’t work :-(

We were engaged after 9 months and set the date for 2012 so we could afford the wedding.

6 months before the wedding my dad suffered a severe stroke which left him paralysed on his right side and unable to speak.He has been having intense physio so that he could walk me down the aisle.

Saturday 25th

We packed up all the cars with dresses, kilts,centerpieces, table plans etc and made our way to the venue.

We unpacked and had our briefing with the events staff.

Then we put all the dresses In the rooms.

By 4pm all the bridesmaids, my dad, my mum, in laws etc had arrived and we had our rehearsal.

My dad did really well in the rehearsal we worked out as the aisle was really long I would walk halfway on my own and then meet him halfway.

My sister is also disabled and is in a wheelchair but was determined to walk and she also did really well.

Whilst we were doing the rehearsal the heavens opened and we were treated to a thunder storm with lightning and hailstones!

After this we all went to nandos for dinner and then Chris went home with the best man to our house and I stayed at the hotel with mum and the 6 bridesmaids.

We all went into one room and drunk champagne and ate Belgian chocolates and French macaroons all supplied by thebest man, which I thought was a lovely touch.

61 replies

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content

Your day look fantastic! Your so pretty.

Got a tear in my eye at the picture where your Dad was walking you down the aisle...

Thank you for sharing your day with us

x

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

What a brilliant report. You looked stunning. Pictures are fabulous. Congratulations.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely, happy report. You can really see how in love you are. I grinned from ear to ear all the way through that. The flight upgrade just topped off the happy tale! Congratulations! x?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report, I love your cake and you looked amazing in your dress. Well done on the upgrade what a nice touch!

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    popski29 ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE that cake! Beautiful. The whole day looks amazing - you look so happy both of you! I love the idea of the pick & mix as table centre pieces - OH wants pick & mix but we had only thought about it as a separate table. I'm struggling with centre piece ideas though so this could be a compromise! Godd for getting people talking too!

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Love this picture xx

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe I've only just found this wedding report! Absolutely beautiful, I will be sure to vote for your wedding. Wonderfully written as well. X

• P
    Beginner April 2013
    polarbex ·
    • Hide content

Awww such a lovely report, and gorgeous pics, congratulations!!!

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

Aww, love the dress, love the cake and I am definitely going to Nandos the night before my wedding now! x

• *RisqueM*
    Beginner August 2015
    *RisqueM* ·
    • Hide content

Awwwww! I NEED Mr & Mrs luggage tags in my life, right now!
    Your pictures are just gorgeous, and the drink stirrers looked great are cake decorations LOL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Missed this last month, but I'm so glad i found it! You look so beautiful, looks like you had a fab day. The bit about your dad made me all teary! Congratulations xx

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

AMAZING - Beautiful couple, the day looks gorgeous and wow....brings a tear to my eye x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics