Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsShep
Beginner September 2014

***MrsShep's wedding report! Flashy***

MrsShep, 9 of November of 2014 at 10:19

Posted on Planning 42

The start We don’t have a romantic how we met story, we met at work. I started on the 6th April 2010, and I clocked him straight away, but it took a month before we spoke to each other. After a while I realised he was very shy, so I took the plunge and asked him out on a date! So on the 10th June...

The start

We don’t have a romantic how we met story, we met at work. I started on the 6th April 2010, and I clocked him straight away, but it took a month before we spoke to each other. After a while I realised he was very shy, so I took the plunge and asked him out on a date! So on the 10th June 2010 (a Thursday) we went on our first date. We sat all night talking (and kissing!) we were so focused on each other than we hadn’t even realised that the bar had filled with students that were graduating!

Our relationship started slowly, partly due to wariness of mixing business with pleasure (his words!) but mostly due to his personal wariness, but that’s another story. It was difficult for me to rein it in, but I stuck with it, because I knew he was special J He finally told me he loved me at Christmas, and I cried, I was so happy!

In February 2011 I moved into my own flat. I asked him if he wanted to move in with me (partly because of his living situation) but it was too soon. In August, he was finally ready, and he moved in.

After a LOT of wedding talk from me, and my family (they adore him) we got engaged! He took me to a hotel the night before my birthday this year (saying it was my birthday present!) We went out for a lovely meal, and then when we got back he trailed rose petals up to the ring box on the pillow! He let me take it, then took it from me, and got down on one knee! So uncharacteristically romantic, it was amazing.

We planned to get married in June 2015, close to our 5yr anniversary. However, my grandparents were desperate to be there, and my mum really wanted us to bring it forward. So after talking it through, we decided to go for it! We chose the first available date our venue had, and went from there! We had to be super organised (read I, he didn’t do a lot!) but we managed it.

I'm not going to write a lot about the hen and stag do's, I'll just tell you that I went to Brighton with my bridesmaids, and he went to prague with his best man. I had the best weekend, we had so much fun! The best bit was champagne and cupcakes on the beach Smiley smile

The lead up

Wednesday

Our last day at work. We had a presentation, everyone had signed a card and put money in which was lovely. One step closer to seeing the pyramids! After work I went to pick up my hoop from the dress shop which was nice, they were all excited for me.

Thursday

We spent Thursday morning making sure we had everything that we hadn’t already taken down to my parent’s house, like cufflinks, and my brolly! We finished off our packing for our honeymoon, triple checking we had all the paperwork, and the we set off to my parent’s, via the barbers to make sure hubby to be was well groomed for the day. Then we prepared ourselves for the over excitement, as my Mum was fit to burst!

Friday

We spent Friday morning making sure everything was ready to go to the venue, including dying the oil for the oil lamps we were using for our centrepieces. We had already chosen the colour (we thought) but decided it was a little too blue, and a bit washed out. So after a few more drops of blue here, and a couple more drops of yellow there, we were happy. Then we put all the thank you pressies into their bags and labelled them up, it looked like Christmas! So with the living room full of mirror plates, oil lamps, shells, suits, presents etc, we waited. Soon bridesmaid L arrived, and then after a terrible journey bridesmaid W arrived, having dropped off the cake! I was so excited, but she wouldn’t let us see, it was to be a surprise on the day. Then Best Man A arrived, and after introductions to my parents, we loaded up his car with the contents of the living room, and I kissed my husband to be goodbye. I couldn’t believe the next time I would see him would be walking up the aisle! He and A were staying at the hotel, and spent his last night of freedom eating steak and having a few beers. That left my Mum, Dad, Brother, Me and L and W. We had dinner (roast pork, nothing smelly and gentle on everyone’s stomachs) and then our hair and makeup lady, B arrived, a friend of L, to do our nails. The four girls had their nails done, Mum opting for clear, me for a blush pink with a shimmer, and bridesmaids for a hot pink to match their flowers. The bridesmaids went off to wash their hair with strict instructions of two shampoos and no conditioner, and I chatted to B about who should go first etc for tomorrow. It was decided that W would go first as she was having hot rollers, and we would start at 7:15am! Ouch. So we waved goodbye, and we all trotted off to bed to get a good night’s sleep.

42 replies

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Don't know how i missed this but wow, gorgeous story & gorgeous photos mrs shep!

I especially LOVE the bandstand pics & your portraits by the colourful beach huts! Beautiful.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Maryhf414 ·
    • Hide content

Aww sounds like you had a great day and your photos are lovely ?congratulations on getting married too, sorry it's late xx

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

I've just read your entire thread and I'm weeping as I type.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, don't cry! It was 6 months ago yesterday, I really can't believe it.

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm being happy for you!

Too emotional for myself. Smiley smile

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, thank you! Bet you're looking forward to getting to yours now!

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

Oh god I can't believe I haven't commented on this til now?! MrsShep you look amazing, it looks like you had the best day EVER. Also, you totally seem like someone I would be friends with! I realise that sounds stalkery but I'm always nodding along with your replies and posts! ?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We really did have the best day ever! Lol, I have my own stalker! ;-) I do the same to yours! Solid friend material .

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I've just found your report after you'd commented on a new post. Just had a cry! It sounds like you had an amazing day. Love the photos xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics