Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

M&S wedding cake? *flash*

18 of January of 2015 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of using M&S for their wedding cake - or has already? We've never been that bothered about a cake and were thinking about not having one at all... But then I found these cake toppers (which arrived yesterday) and it was just so 'us' (we have a well-known history of high-fiving everything!) that I had to get them!!

I'm sure we could do something creative with them that doesn't include a cake but I've been having a look and found this cake from M&S which would fit perfectly with the wedding theme & colour scheme (although I'd change the ribbon to teal) etc. and seems to be a really reasonable price...

So just wondering whether others have had a good/bad experience with M&S wedding cakes? And would love to see a flash of yours Smiley smile

12 replies

Latest activity by LalaC1988, 21 of January of 2015 at 06:15
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I've never tried one myself, but I have heard good things and I think they're pretty. I love the toppers! I really think that if you're not bothered about cake its a great option to keep people happy that you've followed tradition

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

The ones that I have tasted have been delish! I've only ever heard good things to be honest.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I think we're going to have one. This one actually:

I wasn't particularly fussed with a cake but I was impressed with the M&S ones. I haven't tasted it but I've had birthday cakes from there before and they're always tasty so I'm not overly worried.

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content

We had one - I've tried to put the photo in. We added the gyp and origami flowers. My friend made the fimo toppers. Tasted yum and was good value.

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

One of my workmates had an M&S cake and it was lovely. She bought 3 of different sizes and arranged them on a stand, adding flowers to make it fit in with her colours. I'm thinking if M&S for mine, I wasn't too fussy for a cake but feel like I should have one. They do long cake bars too just to cut up and serve as extra if your cake isn't very big.

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

We're buying two plain tiers and a few cutting bars from M&S for ours. Heard lots of good things and being as we're having cheese cake tower for our evening food, the normal cake doesn't need to be too over the top.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

We got the M&S cutting bars to have some sponge options as our main cake was all fruit which some people don't like. The quality and taste was fabulous. We got the booklet with all the cake options and they looked brilliant and a few people I know who have used them have been very complimentary. Just note whether you need to get up the tiers or whether they come done.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

We went for 3 tiers of Marks and Spencers sponge cake and it was very tasty! We jazzed it up with some sugar flowers, silver ribbon and a funky cake stand -the building of it all seemed to stressful to me!

My best friend also got her cake from Marks and Spencer, she went for a mixture of fruit and sponge. It looked great with a VW camper van which a friend of her made. I will try to dig some pictures out of each of them as they were quite different.

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

Is it true you get free cake tasting at these places? I think waitress gives you free cake?!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

My friend had the same as Sophiesofa and it was delicious

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Here are the pictures l mentioned

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

We nearly did we brought a sample for 4pounds and it was yummy we had it for breakfast last Christmas hahaha we had the chocolate one and it was delicious maybe order some and do a tasting?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics