Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dubai Bride
Beginner September 2009

M&S Wedding cakes

Dubai Bride, 20 July, 2009 at 08:36 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi Fellow Brides

Ladies i currently live in Dubai, but im getting married in Shriopshire on Sept 26th this year.

I am going to get my cake from M&S,

I hear you can order it 3 weeks before hand. Is this true,

Do you go and pick it up?

Its very difficult as im living here and i cant see or touch anything if that makes sense.

I am coming home for 10 days in August, we both are for the stag/hen weekends.

and then i have to come back to Dubai and then back in Sept for the wedding, 3 days before.

So should i order it when i come home in August?

?

8 replies

Latest activity by ashmegdj, 21 July, 2009 at 12:01
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on here https://www.marksandspencer.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/marksandspencer?mnSBrand=core but looking at this they have a 3 for 2 offer on so maybe order soon or check with them how long it will be on for.

• Dubai Bride
    Beginner September 2009
    Dubai Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

A few of the brides on here are having / have had M&S cakes so hopefully more advice will be along soon! I've looked at them a few times on the website & you can order online so could do that from Dubai. You do have to collect in person from a store & take to your venue. Depending on which type you buy - you might have to assemble using cake dowels - it should say in the product description about this. If you do have to assemble it - your caterers / venue may be able to help with this.

Hope that helps! And welcome to Hitched!

• L
    Beginner
    lizl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

A friend of mine ordered an M&S cake last year but she said it came undecorated. She's not online to confirm so you may want to double check this

• E
    Beginner August 2010
    esser1 ·
    • Hide content

Yes you can get them plain or pay more for a bit of decoration. My friend had them at her wedding and they were yummy so we are going to do the same and just dcorate with fresh flowers.

• P
    Beginner
    petitefilous ·
    • Hide content

There have several different types of wedding cake - see internet or M&S food brochure. You can order them quite far in advance and arrange for them to be delivered to a store and date convenient for you. However I've been told (I know someone who works on the M&S food ordering desk) to order one to come in a 2-3 days before you need it as then if it's damaged in transport etc, they can get another one in. You can buy dowells and pillars from shop floor, however if that is too scary a prospect (I'm worried mine will topple!) you can hire cake stands in all shapes and sizes. I think it's only about £10 to hire, but you normally have to pay a deposit of approx £50, but you get that back when you return the stand.

I've also been told that a wedding co-ordinator of a well known stately home (think Prem footballers as wedding party) ordered her wedding cake from M&S as she said theirs are just as good as any other wedding cake!

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

I have just ordered mine, the brochure said 28 days, I may even have the brochure around the flat if you need any other info I can hunt it down

The lady in the shop has ordered mine in for the Thurs before the wedding so if any disasters I will have enough time to replace etc.

And I think the 3 for 2 offer ends towards the end of August.

I have ordered 3 tiers, extra large in fruit and large and medium in sponge with ivory icing, it has a small bit of decoration on it, so it is not too plain but plain enough for you to add your own accessories etc. Altogether I think it was about £75.00

HTH

x

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Looks like your original Q has been answered, but just to say - good choice! I had an M&S cake and it was lush!

• ashmegdj
    Beginner August 2009
    ashmegdj ·
    • Hide content

The offer finishes on the 30 September.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics