Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2011

M&S Wedding Cakes- shallow? How to seperate?

tressls, 15 July, 2011 at 12:45 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi again

May seem a daft Q but I am thinking of now ordering the M&S plain white sponge cakes- will I need those cake seperators? The hotel as a round stainless steel/chrome type cake stand but would the M&S cakes be too shallow one on top of the other? If so, how can I seperate them- the cheapest way possible? Thanks! x

4 replies

Latest activity by Alsxx, 15 July, 2011 at 13:55
  • panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Just be aware that the reason M&S cakes are cheap is because you don't get a lot of cake for your money. Check the measurements - they are about half the height of a normal cake! I looked into it & it worked out cheaper for me to get a basic cake from a proper cake maker.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had 3 tiers from M&S, 90 people and it was plenty!!!

We had ours on a cake stand...

• summer_bee
    Beginner July 2011
    summer_bee ·
    • Hide content

It's definately not a very high cake but looks alright to me. If you have a big local M&S, they might have some in stock which you can see. I think there's an offer of 3 for 2 now

• A
    Beginner
    Alsxx ·
    • Hide content

We are having the three tiered one with the roses up the side....wedding is next Monday so hoping it will be ok. Actually, I'm pretty confident it will be fine, big is not always better, and our venue told us that of all the wedding cakes they have ever tried, the M&S ones were by far the best quality. Friends paid about £300 for a square one tier cake from the choccy do dah place in brighton, and I'd so as far to say I thought it was disgusting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics