Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SingleNoMore
Beginner April 2013

M&S Wedding Cakes... When to order?

SingleNoMore, 10 of January of 2013 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 2

We're buying tiers of a plain M&S wedding cake for our wedding in April, question for the OMs - when do you order it? I hate being three months away and not having "done" anything to order the cake yet....for example what happens if we come to order them the week of the wedding and they've run out or something!? Does that happen?

Advice appreciated!

2 replies

Latest activity by SingleNoMore, 10 of January of 2013 at 14:01
  • Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

We had our cake from M&S too. I left it a little late as the cake was delivered to the branch close to our venue the day before the wedding! I'd advise you to look at ordering say 7/10 days before the wedding, you'll be given a choice of delivery dates.

Before ordering the real thing I ordered a tester pack and I had terrible problems actually getting this delivered to my local store. M&S were very good and gave me a refund and £25 credit but due to this I'd say perhaps leave yourself a day or too just in case the worst happens and there is a delay. We didn't have any problems with the actual cakes being delivered but the problems with the tester pack did make me nervous!

• F
    Beginner April 2013
    FutureMrsWilliams ·
    • Hide content

I spoke to a lady in the ordering department last weekend and she said you can order up to 3 months in advance! You can do it as late as 21 days but I wouldn't bother waiting. We are getting married 20 April and will probably order ours in February just so I can tick it off the list.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes ours is the week before you! So we can order it ages in advance?! That's what I wanted to hear. Brilliant. I guess we have to go to an ordering department then rather than buying it online? I'm going to buy a small one now to try it, although i'm sure it'll be fine based on what i've heard!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics