Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MetalBride
Beginner April 2018

MUA advice

MetalBride, 5 of April of 2017 at 01:22 Posted on Planning 0

Really don't know what to do, this might sound really silly, a friend of mine who had been doing my beauty treatments for years (it was how I met her) was supposed to be doing my wedding makeup for me. She knew me really well, I trusted her implicitly, but sadly she passed away at Christmas. Now every time I look at MUAs I either get upset (I ran away from one at a wedding fayre, I literally fled, she must have thought I was crazy) and start to cry or I just compare them with her makeup and however fairly just can't like their work as much. I know it's not logical, but I can't seem to help it, does anyone have any advice on what they think I should do, a way to perhaps move forward? Or am I trying to sort this out to soon to her death, it really wasn't that long ago that we lost her any advice appreciated. x

• M
    Beginner October 2017
    MrsOctober2017 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Smiley sad

I don't have much advice to offer aside from perhaps giving yourself a bit more grieving time before continuing your search. But that depends on when your wedding is and if time allows.

Perhaps if you find someone whose style you like you can explain the situation to them and let them know it's a difficult one for you and that there is the possibility of you getting upset. That way they can prepare for it and may be better equipped to meeting your expectations.

Sorry my advice is pants I just didn't want to read and not comment xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics