Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

smccallum
Beginner May 2015

MUA and Hair cost

smccallum, 18 of August of 2014 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi fellow brides! I'm looking into MUA and hair prices. Can anyone give me an insight into what they are paying for MUA and hair for bride and for bridesmaids? Thanks.

11 replies

Latest activity by Stephie, 19 of August of 2014 at 12:58
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest quote I've had so far is £285. That's for hair and makeup for bride and one bridesmaid with a trial for the bride and travel included.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Savethedate ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £200 for hair and £140 for make up , that's for me and 4 bridesmaids.

xxx

• smccallum
    Beginner May 2015
    smccallum ·
    • Hide content

I've been quoted for hair and make up -
    Bride- £200 (includes free trial)
    Bridesmaids- £70
    Mums- £65

Does this seem reasonable? I've also been quoted £65 for bridal hair with a trial and going by this price the first quote mentioned seems a little out there.

(Makeup includes individual/strip lashes)

• B
    Beginner August 2015
    Bets2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I had loads of quotes from MUA's and hair dressers and was unsure if the quotes were reasonable. I had some crazy prices but think I'm really happy with the two ladies I've booked with now. These are my prices:

Wedding hair:

Bride £100

Bridesmaid £50

Wedding make up:

Bride £40

Bridesmaid £30

With £10 added to prices if wanting airbrush make up.

Hope that helps! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MRSLUXTON2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi

i am paying £45.00 for makeup and £35.00 for hair, I would get a few quotes and see which quote and person you feel most comfortable with! ?

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

The mua i am using is £30 on the day and the same for a trial.

i asked my photographer if he had a mua he used for shoots etc so i have got discount because i booked through him, worth asking if you have booked

not sure on hairdresser yet my hairdresser i use now is moving to australia before the wedding so have to find a new one

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    Princess Kate ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I am paying £40 for my hair and make-up on the day, and the same for each bridesmaid.

This is for two ladies to come to my house on the wedding morning (one is the hairdresser and the other the MUA).

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Wow my quote now looks really expensive, maybe I should keep looking. Is anyone in the north east and can recommend?

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I don't have my notes to hand, but I think the best I found was just under £300 for my hair and makeup, plus trial, and three bridesmaids' hair (without trial, although I might add a trial for my 'grown up' bridesmaid as she could have it done at the same time as mine and it would be a fun afternoon!). I haven't asked my mum if she wants her hair or makeup done, though, so that might go up.

• smccallum
    Beginner May 2015
    smccallum ·
    • Hide content

This is very informative, thanks ladies.

Princess Kate, the two ladies you have, are they from the same booking or two separate businesses?

• kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £140 for my hair and MU (including a trial) and £90 for each of the BMs hair and MU. One of the BM is going to do her own MU, so in total I'll be paying £365 for myself and 3 BMs.

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Mine gave me a 'package' deal, which includes my trial and up to 13 treatments on the day. So will be my hair/make up, mum's hair/make up and just make up for 5 bridesmaids. Maybe fewer bridesmaids yet, depends how we are for time. £390 for everything

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics