Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2023 South East London

mua cancelled 2 months before wedding - after my trial :(

Nem, 3 of June of 2023 at 09:23 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7
I booked a trial with a MUA I found via Instagram & paid £120 for it. Decided to proceed and paid £100 deposit. She has now cancelled my wedding day makeup (didn’t give a reason why) and tried to recommend I book with someone she knows by sharing their insta profile and saying she’ll pass on the makeup trial details. I said I didn’t want to book with them as I’d prefer to book with someone with verifiable reviews etc if possible now.. she has refunded the deposit but only 50% of the trial.. my makeup budget is already stretched & I just don’t know what to do. I can’t seem to find anyone else as it’s so last minute & it’s just so expensive especially with me losing £60 on a trial… anyone got any ideas on what I could do / where to find a new MUA?

7 replies

Latest activity by Nem, 4 of June of 2023 at 09:01
  • N
    Nem ·
    • Hide content
    I am struggling to find anyone on hitched they’re either unavailable or really expensive!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest making a post on a local social media community page and getting recommendations that way.

• C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    That’s very naughty. I would expect her to give an explanation even if it doesn’t change the situation. You still paid for a trial and you wouldn’t have done this otherwise.

When is your wedding and where are you from I’m happy to have a look and see?
  • N
    Nem ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thank you for offering but that’s ok I am hoping a few people will get back to me today from Hitched. I am based in south London.
  • N
    Nem ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea thank you!!
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    Where in south? I’m in Beckenham!
  • N