Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

MUA recommendations and advice

MrsB2015, 26 of March of 2014 at 12:21 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi girls. Looking for a MUA in the Leeds West Yorkshire area if anyone has any suggestions.

Also are u all paying for your bridesmaids make up to be done? I have 4 adults and paying for their hair but if I'm having someone do my make up should I offer to pay for theirs.

Thanks

x

13 replies

Latest activity by Pigletbride, 27 of March of 2014 at 18:50
  • cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with a MUA in your area I'm afraid, but I'm doing a similar thing to you - all of us are having our hair done, but just me having makeup. This was by mutual consent in discussion with them - they'd like their hair done so that it's "right" for the look of the wedding (they even suggested what they'd like!), but that they were happy to do their own makeup. It's especially important for my sister, who has incredibly sensitive skin so best for her to use her own brushes/ products etc.

I'd say that unless you have a particularly intricate/ complicated style in mind, or want your bridesmaids to be identikit, they don't necessarily need to have their makeup done unless you want to treat them.

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    Snowrose ·
    • Hide content

I highly recommend the lovely and talented Jenn Edwards (http://jennedwards.com/). She did my hair and make-up on my big day, plus my mum’s hair and make-up, plus the hair of my five bridesmaids (three pre-arranged, two spur of the moment – all different styles never practiced before). She did an incredible job, we all looked pretty gorgeous and she is just a warm, lovely person to have around – a very calm presence on your wedding day.

We all paid for our own but I left it up to my bridemaids as to whether or not they wanted hair and make-up done by Jenn on the basis that I didn’t mind what they did (as long as it wasn’t too similar to mine).

I do think that if you want a certain hair or make-up style or just want it done by a professional (and your bridesmaids agree!!) that you should pay for it. If you don’t mind whether or not they do their own but they opt to have it done by a professional, then I think it’s okay to ask them to pay. Some bridesmaids may of course be more than happy to pay even if it is your idea to hire the professional!

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Me and my bridesmaids have all booked for a trial and our Wedding Day Make up with Airess. They are based in Mirfield so right area for you. But they are paying for themselves. I said I was having a trial and on the day and they said they would join me :-) There are four of us and we've booked our trial for a Saturday afternoon. We're then going to go out and show off our looks :-) Have a look at the Airess website , very reasonable. And I've had a taster of the airbrush make up at a wedding fair , very impressed !

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi coops just looked at them look really good!! Do you know if they do lash extensions as well?

Thanks xx

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure on the lash extensions. Not something I've looked at. I usually have my eye lashes tinted ( as a contact lens wearer ) so not checked. I'd drop them a message via their website , I'm sure they'll get back to you and let you know :-)

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I've sent them a message. Thank you so much there a great price! Xx

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

I agree ! I wasn't even sure I was going to have my make up done as not got a large budget. And everywhere was working out over £100 mark for the trial and day. So was really pleased when I found this , and as I mentioned it was good to have a tester at the wedding fair. The airbrushing was amazing , went on so light and skin looked so smooth:-) Let me know how you get on :-)

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

WOW! I've just looked at these ladies & as you say, the price is amazing. I have sent them an email to see if they're free for my wedding. I just hope that as its just myself that wants make up done this doesnt cause a problem. Other MUA i've contacted i've had to pay for a minimum of 3 adults to be done! Fingers crossed.

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

I'm using airess too. We used them at work for a charity fashion show so I knew they were good and thought for that reason they were out of my price range. When i saw the prices on their website I was amazed! So much cheaper than other people I had looked at. I'm paying for my 3 bridesmaids too, for £36 each it seemed daft not to treat them. I got a discount becuase there were 4 of us, can't remember the exact amount

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

It says online u get a 10% discount for group bookings. I like the fact they do different make up for different age groups as well. My daughters will be 14 and 11 and they can feel part of the process without me thinking I've spent a fortune on make up for them.

Xx

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I've just spoke to airess they are doing my full make over and 3 adult BM's full makeover with airbrush make up then 2 younger BM's and travel to my house on the day for £187.50! I think that's an amazing price really happy with that. Won't have the trail till next year but really impressed with that price!! It's £108 for 4 of us for a trial!

oohh excited now thank you so much for the recommendation!

xx

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

This post may be a little premature but i'm hopeful.......just had an email from Airess saying that they're free on my wedding day. Just waiting for them to come back to me to confirm that I only need to pay for myself & there isnt a minimum price & then I think we're good to go.

I have thought long & hard over what to do about my make up, i.e. do I do it myself & get some 'nice' makeup or pay for a Make Up Artisit........hopefully, this will be another thing ticked off. WOO HOO!!!!! ?

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Glad you've all got sorted girls ! I'd never heard of them till the Wedding Fair but heard lots since. They are on facebook too. And they are very reasonable , we got the 10% discount too with booking for 4 and it all helps :-)

• P
    Beginner October 2013
    Pigletbride ·
    • Hide content

I second this! She is amazing and made me feel very special!

Have never and will never look like that again! It is quite expensive but definately money well spent. We all have very fine hair that doesn't do much of anything but Jenn was able to create a masterpiece!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics