Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2014

Multi coloured bridesmaid dresses

sarahdarby, 18 of September of 2012 at 20:05 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi All

I've decided to have a brightly coloured wedding, which includes bridesmaids dresses all in different colours.

Does anyone know where i can buy the same dress in a wide range of colours? I've looked on sites like Dessy.com but they are way too expensive for my liking! Was hoping for around 60-80 each for chiffon cocktail dresses. I live in south Wales, so somewhere local would be good.

Thanks

Sarah

13 replies

Latest activity by niche79, 19 of September of 2012 at 18:37
  • Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

I was originally having a rainbow wedding..... we changed the colour scheme mainly because of the bridesmaids. I really struggled to get nice, cheap, good qualtiy BM dresses in a wide enough range of colours.

Like you, I found Dessy, Albert Angelo etc too expensive... and the ones on the high street only tend to come in 3 or 4 colours.

good luck though - I hope you manage it, because the overall effect will be amazing!!

• H
    Beginner March 2016
    Hedgemog ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

try http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/bridesmaid-dresses_1773

A lot of the dresses on here come in all sorts of different colours.

I know its the net rather than a shop but Ive been told the delivery service is great.

Rachael

x

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Hi I found Dessy to expensive, and resented spending £200-250 plus alterations each on 4 bridesmaids on a *meh* dress they would probably never wear again.

I kept one eye on the high street and in the end my mum found lovely ones from kaliko - still about £80 each, but much better than £1k on BM dresses!

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

You can buy Dessy direct from bridal stores in the states for a lot less money and get them delivered Victorias Bridal Couture in Florida do this- you may get customs fees,but it still works out way cheaper than buying them here. Another site which was recommended to me by someone else was called Sexyher,they do different colours-I think they are a U.K. company x

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Not very cheap but Coast do a fab range in loads of colours. Go to an actual store, not just a consession in a department store because they'll have much better choice!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

What about BHS? Their dresses come in a few colours x

• ViviPru
    Beginner May 2013
    ViviPru ·
    • Hide content
  • S
    Beginner March 2014
    sarahdarby ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone, some great websites here!

I guess it's a bit of a shame that my bridesmaids won't get the experience of trying on the dresses in the bridal shops - how do I get around that? I suppose I could have a girly night in and bring out the delivery boxes lol

x

• ViviPru
    Beginner May 2013
    ViviPru ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My BMs are scattered across the UK and one in Holland - so I was never going to get that bridal shop experience with them. All the dresses were bought online. What's been lovely though is when I send them the dresses, they've been sending me back picture messages of them trying them on, even the flowergirls. it's so exciting to receive them.

It's just a sign of the times and representative of our culture in this day and age and is indicative of our wedding, pretty much everything is being sourced/ordered/compiled online. H2B and I met online so it's quite fitting, really!

• Emily-Toni
    Beginner February 2013
    Emily-Toni ·
    • Hide content

As someone else has mentioned is sexyher.co.uk they have dresses ranging from £40, you can order slandered sizes or send off measurements to ave it hand made. It's a uk shop based in Croydon, London.

Dont be put off by the name of the company lol. I'm going to be getting my dresses for BMs from there as I have lots of nieces and really want them to be BM but as you know BM dresses are so expensive and as I got a budget wedding dress for £200 I'm not paying more than my dress for my BMs lol! Selfish I know but it's my big day!

Love the idea, might have to look into that was I'm stuck between 4 colours lol! X

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

If you have no luck in finding multi coloured dresses I have recenetly seen some photos of bridesmaids wearing matching black dresses with different coloured pashminas and shoes and the best men had multi coloured ties to match the bridesmaids and it looked really nice!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same for me! I live in Kent, and my BMs were in Sheffiled, Coventry, Germany and Holland, with only one local girl! I ordered online and sent them off/visited the girls to see them on them and I wouldn't say we had missed out on anything. To be honest all my BMs are different shapes and sizes and I think trying them on in a shop would have only caused more problems!!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I cant help on the dress front as my BMs had Dessy dresses but just wanted to say that I had a multi coloured wedding !

(My uncle who gave me away wore the green but for some reason is not in this pic so there was one male to each female and then H, his Best Man and his kids are in the yellow)

This is just a guest pic as we have never actually uploaded our TOG photos from the disc we got but you get the idea !

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

You can see the colours better in these !:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics