Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Verity_Elizabeth
Beginner July 2013

Multiway Bridesmaid dresses

Verity_Elizabeth, 18 August, 2012 at 13:23 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'd really like to get bridesmaids dresses that can be worn in lots of different ways like the two birds ones. But two birds don't do the colour I want. Does anyone know of any other companies that sell similar ones?

Vx

3 replies

Latest activity by lilly1984, 21 August, 2012 at 20:59
  • W
    Beginner December 2012
    Who-me? ·
    • Hide content

What colour are you looking for? I got 2 in the sale on crazy Clarence.com they had black & pale purple. I got back ones lovely dresses wish I'd got one for myself too!

• Verity_Elizabeth
    Beginner July 2013
    Verity_Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, will keep an eye on that site. Going for pale blue

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I had the same problem, I contacted them and they offered to make bespoke ones for me but I needed to order a minimum of 4 full length dresses and pay and extra £30 a dress!

We tried on the Dessy ones and they were lovely but wanted full length and their full length wasn't long enough for my tall bridesmaids (grrr). Dessy's are much more reasonably priced at about £159 full length or £109 tea length and they do two mixed length hems too and lots of colours https://dessy.com/dresses/twist-short/

Then I got fabric samples from two other companies - Myriad 6 http://www.myriad6.com/ and In One Clothing www.inoneclothing.com and they both had pretty good matches in colour to what I wanted.

In the meantime my mum discovered that BHS do a twist wrap dress. They only did 3 colours but one of them was fuschia. I must admit I didn't have much faith but ordered it on the off chance and when it came it was perfect! The colour was just right, the fabric was good quality (v. similar to the two birds fabric) and the length was just right. What a relief! And the best thing was they were only £80 each, but have since been reduced in the sale to £56. They've released more colours now too including ocean blue which looks nice. http://www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=34096&storeId=13077&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&categoryId=525496&interstitial=true

So, if you want pale blue and you want the tea length or the full length and your BMs are less than 5ft5 or will wear flats, go for the Dessy. If you are prepared to compromise on colour then the BHS ones are lovely and a bargain!

I did a lot of research and stressing about this, so I hope it will be of some benefit to someone else!

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    lilly1984 ·
    • Hide content

My bridemaids dresses are from all in one clothing. They weren't too expensive and look amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics