Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner January 2016

Mumford & Sons Instrumental...

NoMoore, 24 of November of 2015 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 10

I'm trying to decide what to walk down the aisle to.

ive told OH I'll be piped in but actually I'm planning to have the bridesmaids piped in and walk down myself to a song (if we can get it to work, im a bit worried as it's not like we can practise it and the timings!). I was thinking of Doris day I'll never stop loving you as a nod to my aunt and the time I spent with her and my cousins during her final days in hospital (she knew at this point oh was going to propose but sadly didn't live to see it happen).

gelever oh has tonight said it might be nice to get instrumental versions of Mumford & sons songs to play during the day as it was because of them we met. So now I'm wondering whether to walk down to an instrumental version of one of their songs as it's something that relates to us as a couple. When you read the lyrics though, I don't know they are particularly weddingy!

any ideas?

10 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 26 of November of 2015 at 10:49
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think if it's an instrumental it doesn't really matter so much. Also will you see the venue of the wedding beforehand. I plan on visiting the venue the day before. Just really working out how long it takes me to walk in. That way I can also work out at what point in the music I need to set off. Chose which song option suits you. Lovely idea it will be a surprise for him.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

It depends if they have a wedding or not. But it's quite a

big room. Yes, your right, I will need to work out when I'm walking in... Need to decide the song! So difficult! Not sure if Doris day will make me, one of my bridesmaids (my aunts great daughter) and my cousins cry too much... Too many choices! I love the piper but as I'm not scottish, I feel I would like to walk to a song instead... Got to get some non Scottish bits in somehow Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Jayne E, some of the instrumentals by Mumford themselves are on here if you fancy a listen x http://mumfordandsonsblog.tumblr.com/post/37067086807

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

If they have a wedding on and you can't see ask how long in distance the walk is. Then you can work it out anywhere once you chose the song.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to have a listen later. After how supportive oh was during cancer. Having I'll stand by you instrumental on violin by David Garrett. It's sad but I don't care.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I like it all. I think there is a good chance whatever you chose you will feel emotional. I cry at here comes the bride! You have lots of lovely choices. Just work out the time it will take to walk down the aisle and compare it to whatever music you chose that way you will know if it works better to wait a few seconds after the music starts to set off.

The piper piping the bridesmaids in is lovely.

I do like the Doris Day one Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner March 2017
    MrsJFC2be ·
    • Hide content

We're debating Mumford and Sons too, I don't think there's a song to walk in to but we love 'the wedding band - I take your hand (Mumford and Sons)' to walk out to. Hopeless Wanderer and Not With Haste are nice songs for during the day.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Thank you... the instrumental versions are quite nice, I don't know what to do now! Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Music was always my biggest stress. I knew what I wanted going in but unsure for afterwards and first dance. You could always have Doris going in and an instrumental coming out. That way there won't be much of Doris to play.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

We are being piped out Smiley sad OH loves bagpipes so won't be able to change that. I'm sure I'll work something out Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

What about Mumford at the reception. I would suggest first dance to Doris Day but that be a bit too emotional even though lovely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics