Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2012

Mums on hen nights?

lotte_, 17 of January of 2012 at 11:01 Posted on Planning 0 34

Is anyone inviting their Mum to their hen night? I'm not sure if it's the done thing.

I'd rather not have mine there so I don't have to be on my best behaviour but I feel a bit bad as my sister and sister in law are coming. I'm not sure if she is expecting to come, I don't want to offend her but I don't want her there!

Help!

34 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Bride, 18 of January of 2012 at 16:08
  • lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I'm not inviting my mum...mainly because i dont want to feel like i have to look after her or keep making sure shes ok all night.

my mum also doesnt drink or dance & stuff so might feel a little left out.

i' have been to hen nights with mums on though so just depends on you & your mum Smiley smile

• helenparki
    Beginner May 2012
    helenparki ·
    • Hide content

My mum is coming (she's 58) my aunty is coming who's in her 60's and my mother in law and step mother in law are coming! We're having a night out in Manchester.

My mum knows what I'm like on nights out, we're not having a tacky hen night, it'll be drinks and dancing but if they don't want to join in there are chill out areas Smiley smile

I can't imagine not having her there. But that's just me Smiley smile

• Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

My mum will be coming, but she is more likely to be on the dance floor than me ha ha. Depends what you're mum is like, you could always do something as well that you can include your mum to?

• L
    Beginner May 2012
    lotte_ ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I could do a sensible day time thing with my Mum. Good idea!

I don't want to see her disapproving looks as i'm downing shots and singing my heart out on the karaoke! I also don't want her hearing about my pulling days from my friends...eeek!

• celo1
    Beginner May 2012
    celo1 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a second more sedate "hen do" with the mums, aunties and a few other folk who cant make the first hen do. I'm sure my mum would be okay with it and I did ask her if she wanted to come so she didnt feel left out but it was her suggestion to do something separate as " you want to be with your mates and dont want your mum there!" It was actually more my MIL2B that I didnt really want to invite and so I know it sounds bad but now my mum isnt coming I dont feel I need to invite her!

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

I'm inviting both my step mum and my MIL along - we're planning to Go Ape, have a cocktail lesson and then go for a meal. I imagine they might not want to partake in the first two activities, but that's fine, they can just join us for the meal!

I've no problem with either of them being there, but I might think twice if I was going clubbing - not because I wouldn't want them along though, more because they would be uncomfortable!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Not a chance! ?

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    MrsCoombs2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my mum and aunties cousins and friends to a spa day then in the evening ill have my girlie drinkies time without mum and family! xx

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

As is currently stands i dont see my mum but my future mother in law will be coming.

• B
    Beginner
    Belle mariee ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a good idea to do something in the day inluding your mum and maybe an evening meal and then you could go on to clubs without your mum. Thats what I would do.

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm having two hen nights - one will be a night away and the other will be dinner and drinks in town (leading to clubbing!). My mum and MIL2B (and my aunties of the same generation!) will be invited to both, up to them if they come. They are up for fun though, if I was afraid of them being judgemental of naughty behaviour then I would think twice! ?

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

I'm not inviting my mum or MIL but that is personal choice because I would hate them to see me in a state. My mum still thinks I am an angel when it comes to drink!! Also it's not really my mums sort of activity!

But I organised a hen do for my friend and her mum, aunt and MIL came along and they had a brilliant time, dressed up in pink tutus and stayed out as long as the rest of us so was fantastic!

xxx

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am inviting my mum. She would be upset to be left out and enjoys a good night out just like everybody else. I am inviting her best friend who I get on with so she will have someone she knows well besides me but she knows all of my friends anyway.

I guess it depends on what activities you are doing and what your mothers age is and if she likes to do what you have planned. Not much point otherwise.

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

No, maybe do a quieter one - I need to work out how to tell my sister that we are drinking and she can feel free to dip out if she wants, even though shes bridesmaid.

My bridesmaids mum is trying to get herself a invite - she can come along she goes out more than I do Smiley smile

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

My mum is coming on my main one, meal and then drinks in the village, I will be inviting OH's sis and rellies too, plus all my co-workers and closer mates. Then I am having a joint hen/bridesman's birthday do in Derby which will prob be a bit more rowdy and just my really close friends will be there.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Noooo, my Mum did not come on my hen do. I'm not sure she needed to see my getting incredibly drunk, my awful hangover, gone clubbing or the liked the dares. Very much a friends only hen weekend!!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to but my mum lives in Norway and is only flying back a few day's before. Gutted, but I know I'll have a great time with my friends

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

It completely depends on the type of hen night you want. And maybe how 'cool' your mum is ? i.e. if you wanted a hen night full of willy straws and willy boppers, you maybe wouldn't want to bring your mum who still thinks you're a virgin until you're married...

My mum is coming to mine, and my nan! But my hen night is a 'full-monty' show, along with a three-course dinner and then a disco til late at a local hotel. My mum and nan would love that and it's not like dragging them round town all night. They will have to put up with 26 excited girls as well though!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Never thought to invite mine. We get on great, but it definitely wouldn't have been her thing and I think she would have felt very out of place among my friends. Bringing her along to the day bit and then leaving her while we went out also wasn't an option as she lives far away so would have had to stay over at mine. I can see how sometimes it would be nice, but it's not essential.

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Mine came and loved it- TBH I was worried however from the start my mum just got on with it- i ended up giving a lap dance, stripping a bloke (with his consent!!) and she just had fun, the way she saw it was it wasn't like it was like this all the time and why not for one night

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

My mum and mil are both coming on my hen weekend! They tend to play up more than me!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My mum is pretty liberal but not sure I would be able to do that in front of her!

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Do like im doing and use it as an excuse to have another....a nice meal with my bridesmaids, the mums and a couple of family friends!!

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

My mum and MIL and Aunty are coming on mine...and we're going to a male strip show followed by a club(!) My mum and MIL are more up for it than me, they want front row seats!! I agree with an earlier idea about organising something earlier on like a meal that your mum could come to and when it comes to moving on she could get a taxi home and leave you to it? Just a thought.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

There was no question for me, my mum came with us to Edinburgh for the weekend and she loved it, she is very young at heart and she was the life and soul teaching us that your never to old to have a good time.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I invited my Mum for the weekend in London, but she is just coming along for the day, and then will leave the rest of us crazy cats to it for the rest of the weekend!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a hen weekend and a hen night. She's not coming to the weekend because she really wouldn't enjoy it. She is coming on the night out though as we're going to start off with a relatively calm meal at a nice restaurant and then go out drinking afterwards.

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content

My mum is quite cool, she came on my hen do, we went out in Brighton and she loved it! (shes 59!) she even stayed out until 5am and helped carry me home ?

• A
    Beginner March 2012
    Aileen82 ·
    • Hide content

Oft! My mum will be there with bells on!!

Shes 57 but thinks shes 21!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm having two hen nights for this reason, one for all the older ones including mother in law and one for my friends. You could always get your mum and other family to go out for a meal somewhere that also has a bit of dancing so they don't feel they are treated like the oldies! Good luck!

• emze2011
    Beginner September 2013
    emze2011 ·
    • Hide content

My mum passed away a few years ago so i dont exsactly have your problem, but i am expected to have all the females that are attending the wedding to come to the do, inc my oh's older sisters (in there 50's) and female friends/ girlfriends of the grooms men etc, basicly people that will judge when my heads down the loo after too many shots! lol so i have disided that as my oh is having a long weekend (3 nights) away for his stag, i will be having a weekend (2nights) with my close friends, who have seen it all before in brighton, 3 months before the wedding, then a month later i will a huge hen party were all are invited for one night with no overnight stay so that the costs dont start adding up for my guests, plus i will have learnt my lesson from the first hen night and wont be wanting to drink so much!

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    Stephyb26 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to Edinburgh for mine in April and my mum & mil are coming... I hadn't really thought about it being an issue them coming but seen as everything but the location for mine is a surprise who knows if they will enjoy or not... They both love a party though!!!

How was Edinburgh?? I'm so excited

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics