Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tatyana
Beginner August 2021 East Central London

Music copyright

Tatyana, 13 of July of 2021 at 00:21 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hiya, after some advice please!
Our organist and church quartet mentioned that if a video is taken of our wedding in church we’ll need to pay 50% of the total cost as Copyright Assignment. At first we weren’t bothered as not having a videographer anyway but then they mentioned that personal phone videos shouldn’t be taken either (like me walking down the isle to a classic ‘here comes the bride’). I suppose we can ask people not to video at the start of service but someone is likely to still do it! And furthermore what to do about zoom livestream for those that can’t attend as the world is still largely immobile. Has anyone come across that? What do you do in this situation not to incur the fee? Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Stephanie, 5 of November of 2021 at 16:09
  • Soniamann
    Beginner June 2022 Wiltshire
    Soniamann ·
    • Hide content

It's kinda strange, why they don't let you film it even on your smartphone's camera?

• Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

So the wedding march itself (presumably meaning Mendelsson's "Wedding March" or Wagner's "Here Comes The Bride") is out of copyright. Essentially it sounds like they're asking you to pay the cost of a licence for recording rights for the Organist and Church quartet's performance of those pieces. To be honest I doubt it'll be enforced at all if you're not hiring a professional...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics