Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

Music during photos harp? string quartet? violinists?

Cocktail-Couture, 25 of January of 2013 at 20:33 Posted on Planning 0 7

I am thinking of having music played after the ceremony outside whilst the photos are being taken whilst the guests are having cocktails and canapes.

Would you reccomend any particular music, instruments, people? A mariachi band would be good but maybe too energetic!!!

Are you having any music played whilst you are having your photos?

7 replies

Latest activity by Purple*Sparkles, 26 of January of 2013 at 16:16
  • P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

We are having spainish guitar but thats because we are getting married in spain. If i was in this country id have had a string quartet

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

We are having spainish guitar but thats because we are getting married in spain. If i was in this country id have had a string quartet

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Some venues that I go to have a garden layout that means the drinks are in one spot and the photos in another. So whatever you go for they may need to be mobile, A harp is to some extent as it will sit on a kind of a sackbarrow and be wheeled - but not over grass. String quartet can move but they will need chairs already set up where you want them next as they will have their hands full of instruments. A guitarist (with amp)or keyboard player will need access to power so unless the photos are right next to the building that wont work.If you think something is going to be too lively they can be a bit further away to compensate
  • Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

If your guests are as chatty as mine, string quartet music won't travel very far outside, and harps are even softer. So I would only pick it if your drinks were in a relatively small space. Also bear in mind that they will need space for chairs and music stands, and if the weather is bad will need some sort of rain protection (though so will your guests!)

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

A Mariachi band are awesome to have, but are also something people like to watch. Which is no good for photos. Smiley laugh

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I like string quartets and Harpists. If its something to keep your guests entertained whilst you are off having your photos then there are other options like a magician. I even know a good one!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

We are having a string quartet for guests arriving, the ceremony and then for an hour or so at the drinks reception while photos are going on. We saw one at our venue wedding fair and OH decided he really wanted one. Fits well with our venue and the general feel of our wedding so I was persuaded easily.

• Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

We are also having a string quartet, they are playing at the church then travelling to my venue and playing for the drinks reception. I am very excited, I love string quartets and never thought i'd be able to afford one. OH's best mate got married last June and they has a steel band, which they kept a secret from everyone, they were really great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics