Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Music during wedding breakfast

Moonbeam88, 26 of January of 2015 at 12:32 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi

I've been sorting out the entertainment for our wedding today. We've priced up bands v. DJ and are going with a DJ in the evening as its so much cheaper. I am looking however at having an acoustic singer/guitarist to play during the 1.5hr drinks reception so we have some live music as a bit of a compromise.

I'm just unsure what to do for the meal in the middle, whether to have the DJ play earlier or the soloist stay longer? Will a live singer be too overpowering through the meal? I'd quite like the singer to perform during the first dance so would make sense to keep him there but just not sure if it will be a bit loud hehe!

What are other people doing?

Thanks Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 26 of January of 2015 at 18:40
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest option might be to extend the guitarist booking and have them play during the meal. Most weddings have recorded music for the meal as people are chatting. You could do your own playlist on a ipod.

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Im doing iPod music for the wedding breakfast, I just ttought people dont really listen to it (I know I dont!)

But thats just me!

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

We're using my ipad during the wedding breakfast, it will only be background music anyway.

x

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

People will like to chat during the meal, but if you want something to help get the conversation started I might be able to help. Just check out my reviews on my supplier listing and on my website. During the meal is the most popular time for me to perform.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing my Ipod during the wedding breakfast & a singer for during the wedding breakfast. I've told the singer I want him as background entertainment, not too loud, not walking around tables etc. Then a dj in the evening x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics