Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner December 2009

Music for Registry Office wedding

YorkshireGirl77, 30 September, 2009 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 4

I am having a civil ceremony and not sure what happens music wise. Do i need to choose music for walking in to? and for when we are signing the register?

I have no idea of what music to choose.Can i have some ideas please as I really cant think.

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by YorkshireGirl77, 1 October, 2009 at 10:37
  • groomwithaview
    Beginner October 2009
    groomwithaview ·
    • Hide content

Yup - most people choose music to walk into, for the signing of the register and to walk out to. Entirely up to you what you have, other than it connaot have any religious connotations. What sort of think do you like? Can be trational (we are having trumpet voluntary to arrive) or more ecletic (we are having When Im 64 to leave)!

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

At our register office we usually request 3 songs for guests assembling, one for entrance of bride, 2 for register signing and 1 for exit. As already said nothing religious but other than that anything goes - oh I would also add nothing offensive :-)

Have you got some favourite pieces that you would love to hear at your wedding? Some prefer modern music but many still have classical music. Some pieces are very popular eg a short while ago Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol) was very popular and then more recently Rule the world (Take That). Another popular one for the entrance of the bride seems to be Can't take My Eyes Off You. I know it's a good few years old but it is actually nice to hear the music and see the groom watching the bride walk up the aisle to the words.

• laineywhu
    Beginner July 2010
    laineywhu ·
    • Hide content

Im having all you need is love to walk into, signing id love to have signed sealed delivered (cheesey I know! haha) and walking out i have no idea yet!

• H
    Beginner January 2018
    heath1980 ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of songs used for first dances and wedding aisle songs at

Wedding Songs

Hope this might help, as long as you dont choose Amazing Grace..... sung by Elvis Presley like my brother did.

• Y
    Beginner December 2009
    YorkshireGirl77 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. i will start listening to them on you tube

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics