Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2012

Music for signing the registrar and walking back down the aisle

MWtobe, 9 November, 2011 at 17:29 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hey there

I'm quite new to this website, only signed up about a month ago and still trying to work it all out!

However, this seems like the best place to ask advice!!

I was wondering if anyone had any idea's of music to play while signing the registrar and also walking back down the aisle?

I'm not getting married in a church so something non-religious is what I'm after....

Anyone out there have any idea's??

Thanks!! :-)

7 replies

Latest activity by tizmelou, 10 November, 2011 at 15:07
    Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Hi There, and welcome to the forum, unfortuetlyfor me im in the same boat too and i have around 3 weeks till my wedding! im going to ask for my H2B mum for help lol. i going for classical music non-religious.

Karina xx

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of options, depending on what style of music you like, whether you want it live (pianist/harpist/quartet) or recorded...

I love classical music and musical theatre, so during the signing of the register we had our string quartet play "One Hand, One Heart" from West Side Story and "Sun and Moon" from Miss Saigon. On the way out we had the traditional Mendelssohn Wedding March. Other people have more modern music played on a CD and that can work just as well.

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We had a civil ceremony and had the same problem. In the end we had an instrumental version of Something by the Beatles. Love letters (can't remember who by), The Sunday's version of wild horses. Al Green and then walked back down the aisle to Baby I love you by the Ramones.

Happy searching!

• vikmast
    Beginner September 2011
    vikmast ·
    • Hide content

Hello. We had various classical music played whilst signing the register as it can take up to 10 mins so have a couple of songs. We had canon d and vide cor meum(this is played in hanibal but is a loveley piece of music). Our exit song was swing low sweet chariot as we are both rugby fans. There are lots of websites out there but i didnt finalise what we wanted until a week before, kept changing our mind

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    MWtobe ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the suggestions, liking the idea of the classical music actually!

Lots to think about!

xx

• abbijay
    Beginner October 2011
    abbijay ·
    • Hide content

We had a string quartet and had a piece from Lord of the Rings for the signing and we walked out to the Medal Ceremony from Star Wars. We're not filmy or geeky normally and lots of people didn't recognise it, just thought it was nice string quartet music. There are loads of instrumental versions of songs on line so you can have something more recent but with a classic twist if you're having recorded music.

• sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth looking at the Vitamin String Quartet, they do lots of versions of pop/rock songs that sound lovely. We are having some of their versions of songs played during our WB.

As for us, we're having a church wedding at Christmas so will be walking out of the church to Joy to the World!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

We went to give notice the other day and the registrar said choose 3 or even 4 for the signing of registrar to give loads of time for photos by tog and guests so I'm glad makes choosing easier! I'm walking in to baby i love you by the ramones, then still choosing the others likepossibly rule the world take that during the signing and maybe walk out to 'i gotta feeling' by the black eyed peas :-) But I've gtot months to choose - deffo decided on the walking in one tho

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics