Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2010

Music -Religious reference in a civil ceremony?

babysarahx, 6 January, 2010 at 19:08 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'd really love to walk down the aisle to heaven by bryan adams but we're having a civil ceremony so obviously no religious references allowed. But I was wondering...is heaven really a religious reference? I know that all the registrars are different and I'll ring them tomorrow to see what they say but was just wondering if anyone else has asked and what they were told?

Thanks! x

5 replies

Latest activity by anglefish, 6 January, 2010 at 19:21
  • fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure heaven will be classed as having religious references.

Would they allow an instrumental?

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    babysarahx ·
    • Hide content

Ah- good point- hadn't thought of an instrumental. If they say no then I'll ask about that - thanks!

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    louisiannaday ·
    • Hide content

My OH's aunt had a civil ceremony at a hotel in Staffordshire about 2 years ago and she had the DJ Sammy version of 'Heaven' for her entrance! x

• bridgetvictoria
    Beginner April 2010
    bridgetvictoria ·
    • Hide content

Obviously 'Heaven' is a religious reference but if they took the time to listen to the song they would realise it is refering to heaven, not in a 'typically religious' sense... But I don't have a clue.

Guess it will depend on the registrar...

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    babysarahx ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's great so someone has had it before? Maybe they'll let me then *fingers crossed* Even if it's only an instrumental then I'll be a very happy bunny! It's the only "our song" we have and I've been racking my brains for something else but really can't think of anything! Cheers girls!

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Check with your registrar some of them are more flexable then others some of them def say no but others may let you have certain words like heaven if not could you use a instrumental version x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics