Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious November 2024 Hawke's Bay

Music Selection

Catherine, 30 of May of 2023 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 2
I'm having trouble finding the right songs for our special day in November.

We don't have any songs that are special to us as a couple. I don't have a single clue as to which songs to use for my entrance, exit (ceremony), or for our first dance. Any suggestions? I've looked at a few lists online but they don't appeal to me, what songs did you use?
I do however have a few songs for my father/daughter dance but don't know which one to use, I tried asking my father 3 months ago but he still hasn't gotten back to me (hes lived in Australia since I was 7yrs old, I'll be 32 in June). My songs are: A Little Ray of Sunshine by Axiom, I Loved Her First or Father and Daughter by Paul Simon.

2 replies

Latest activity by Lea, 8 of June of 2023 at 21:56
  • Victoria
    Beginner June 2023 Nottinghamshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content

There are some great play list on Spotify. You could start building your own list.

Its taken me a while to find the songs i like .

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We don't have an 'our song' and just chose a song we both liked for the first dance - How deep is your love by the Bee Gees.

We've bought a CD of classical harp music for the ceremony to include Pachelbel Canon in D for the entrance.

We are doing our own music so have created 2 playlists on YouTube Music. One is the background music for the drinks reception and wedding breakfast which is quite laid back music. The dance list is a mixture of music from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s interspersed with some newer tracks. My partner and are both older in our 50s and most of our guests will be about our age range so that is why we've gone for the older music.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics