Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Music to sign the register to/ for the guests to arrive to

11 of February of 2014 at 16:39 Posted on Planning 0 21

On the form I'm sending to the registrar there are slots for these things and I have no idea what to do.

Some inspiration please hitchers?!

21 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 15 of February of 2014 at 16:40
  • Sambride
    Beginner April 2014
    Sambride ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

Is it a church wedding or civil ceremony?

Sam x

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^ this! It will help with suggestions

We pushed the boat out and are having and amazing string quartet (Apollo Strings) play whilst the guests arrive, during the signing and for the drinks reception (As well as my arrival and our exit from the church) Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner March 2014
    babybl00 ·
    • Hide content

To walk up the aisle we are having 'Marry Me' by Train. For signing the register we are having a mash up of 'I'm Yours & Somewhere Over the Rainbow' by Straight No Chaser, Better Together by Jack Johnson, 'You are the Best Thing' by Ray Lamontagne & 'This could be an everlasting love' by Natalie Cole. Our recessional song is 'Your love keeps lifting me higher & higher' by Jackie Wilson.

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Some nice suggestions above, some nice chilled bands below:

Zero 7, First Aid Kit, Kings Of Convenience, John Martyn

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

We are having eva cassidy songbird playing whilst signin registry xx

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Well, we wanted to be a bit different, a bit fun and are both motown fans so we're having Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder and My First, My Last, My Everything while we sign the register.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

We had toothpaste kisses by the maccabees for signing the register.

For guests gathering we just picked about 10 upbeat songs we liked.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

For signing the register we're having Elbow "One day like this". We've not decided yet on music to have for when the guests are waiting, but it will probably be a mix of songs that we liked but have discounted for the main parts of the ceremony, things like "I do" and "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat, "I love you Always forever" by Donna Lewis, "Marry You" by Bruno Mars, "It must be love" by Madness and "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden.

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we're having James blunt bonfire hearts (we both love bonfire night) for the guests arrival, Christina Perry 1000 years processional. Ellie goulding how long will I love you for registry signing and take that rule the work recessional (oh's choice - don't ask! Lol)

it did take us ages to find them though, and lots of nagging (me, at him lol) to come up with ideas though, I found I was listening to the words of every song that came on the radio lol!!!

Luckily our 1st dance song was easy so "only" had to find 4 out of 5 lol!!

good luck with your choices, don't feel you have to have traditional ones, or even personal ones, there are some great orchestral wedding compilation CDs etc out there if that's what you fancy. You just can't have anything religious for a civil ceremony, that's the only thing we had to watch

xx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Fab. I kind of found a music twin!! MrsHbutterfly our processional is Christina Perri - A 1000 Years and our recessional is Take That - Rule the World!?

Personally it doesn't bother me in the slightest it is from Twilight, for me lyrics are perfect and song is beautiful.

Have fun finding the perfect music for you x

• Sambride
    Beginner April 2014
    Sambride ·
    • Hide content

We're having an instrumental versions of songs for the ceremony, so have got UB40 (or Elvis) 'Cant help falling in love with you' for my entrance and walk down the aisle.

Then Lifehouse 'You and Me', and Jack Johnson 'Better together' for signing the register. And Queen 'Your my best friend' for walking back down the aisle as husband and wife ?

• B
    Beginner March 2014
    babybl00 ·
    • Hide content

Lifehouse 'You and Me' was one we toyed with for a while as well Sambride but because we wanted to go upbeat afterwards it will now be one of the tracks we've chosen for background music during the meal. Another lovely song is Sister Hazel 'This Kind of Love'.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Lifehouse - You and Me is also my signing song. One of my fav bands?

• B
    Beginner March 2014
    babybl00 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Boyce Avenue? They do Accoustic and instrumental versions of popular songs. You can look them up on Youtube.

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Yay!! Hello music twin! Lol :-) what else are you having?? :-) xx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Haha hi music twin! Ermm signing is Lifehouse - You and Me and Gabrielle Aplin - The Power of Love. Prelude is Lily Allen - Somewhere Only we Know, U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Editors -Bird of Prey and One Republic - All this Time! Phew i think thats right lol!

Took weeks to decide and some heated discussions as nearly everyone of 'our' songs are break up songs so errr not that suitable lol:-) x

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Lol we're the same with that! A lot of unsuitable wording and meaning to "our" songs lol!!

sounds beautiful!! :-) xx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Thanks yours sounds fab too:-) i love Ellie Goulding, she is on our evening music list! X

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

We are instrumental acoustic guitar versions of modern songs including All You Need Is Love, Ho Hey, Teenage Dream, In My Life, Love Me Tender, Wonderful Tonight, And I Love her, Grow Old With You, Marry You and Can You Feel The Love Tonight - we were told we needed 45 minutes worth of songs to play pre ceremony.

For signing register we have Got To Be There - Michael Jackson which means something to us and A Thousand Years. I originally discounted it because of the Twilight thing but then when I listened to it it made me well up thinking of OH, so we just decided to have it.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

For signing the register we are debating between Ellie Goulding- How long will i love you & Christina Perry- A 1000 years. As we want one of these for our first dance, whichever one we decide for that, the other one will be played whilst signing the register. Along with Adele- Make you feel my love. We aren't having music while guests are arrving as we've already got to make a playlist to play throughout the duration of our whole wedding breakfast. Cant think of that many songs to cover both lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics