Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2012

My Beautiful Groom Journal....this is seriously difficult

MrsDWT, 6 September, 2011 at 19:54 Posted on Planning 0 28

Anyone else got one and completed it yet?

Wow, i am so glad i ordered this 8 months before the wedding as i really think it may take me that long to fill it in.

I know my H2B so well but actually putting things into words and writing it all down is so much harder than i realised. Its also difficult to recall memories. I didnt realise how bad at this i would be but i know 100% that my H2B will really appreciate it.

Anyone thinking of getting a journal for your groom, get it with plenty of time to fill in ?

28 replies

Latest activity by Ali_G, 7 September, 2011 at 10:54
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine months ago, I should get a move on and start filling it in too!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

It is a gift Book for your groom, filled with sentimental questions about your relationship. You fill it in and give it to your groom as a gift. Even the most hardened man would shed a tear reading one. They do them for Bridesmaids and mother/father of the bride too. Will try and find a link for you.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I cried buckets and buckets when I completed my one!

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

Its a book with several statements in that you fill in. For example:

How we met

What i first though of you

our funniest moments

Favourite photos

My H2B is quite sentimental so its perfect for him.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Here you are!

https://ohsocherished.co.uk/product/1031/0/deluxe_my_gorgeous_groom_journal?xSearch=groom journal

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i have been on the brink but i am just really struggling to put my feelings into words ?

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

I bought one too and only completed the 1st 2 bits in it, it is really quite emotional writing in it, I am glad I have 11 months to go.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I made my own. I ordered a personalised big notebook, with My beautiful groom written on front, then filled in all the same questions as in the original. Except it cos me £6.99 ? H loved it and cried and cried and cried.... He is so not emotional. Theyre brill! xx

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i pinched em off another hitcher. Give me 5, il look back through my posts...

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

So, let me get this straight in my head.....

If i order one, and go through and buy it, do they send me the book to handwrite in, or do they print out all of my words?

Thanks

x

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

So, let me get this straight....

If I buy one, do they send it to me for me to handwrite in, or do they print out my words?

Thanks

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/222126/2168704.aspx#2168704

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

When you buy the proper ones, the questions are typed on a page for you to answer in handwriting, i think.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have mine, had it about three months or more but haven't started it yet!!

I will!! xxx

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Get started! I got mine with about 16 months to go, then I got to almost a year off so decided to have a go - and got blimmin nowhere! I literally sat there not knowing what to write. At first I thought oh god, I do love him don't I? Why is this so hard? But it is trying to put down everything you feel into a coherent answer!

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    KateSF ·
    • Hide content

I'd never heard of a groom journal, but it's a really gorgeous idea... found one online....looks like a tear jerker to fill in though... must stay away from the wine if I get one and start completing it.... Kate x

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

I have been writing things i can think of on a word doc until i can get all my thoughts correctly organised. I am not going to fill the book in until the week before the wedding as I may have more memories etc to add x

• filoftus
    Beginner November 2012
    filoftus ·
    • Hide content

Missus S

Is this just plain inside and you have to add your own questions?

https://ohsocherished.co.uk/product/2908/296/my_beautiful_groom_book

Thank you

xx

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted to do one of these, but the price was putting me off. I wasn't sure how much he'd appreciate it, I mean I know how much I would appreciate receiving one....but is he likely to even think of something like this for me? I doubt it. I'd love it if we did one for each other but it would probably read like Mr and Mrs.....lol.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MissB25 ·
    • Hide content

I had never heard of this before but think it is a great idea. I have just been looking to buy one but the oh so cherished website is out of stock. Is there anywhere else i can buy one from?

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No i think the Oh So books have the questions inside and you fill them in. I made my own so obviously i had to write in the questions at the top.

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like it's full of meaningful !

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did the same only mine cost less as I had al the crafty bits in the house to use. Just the cost of printing photos out. It was so worth it as it was Hs favourite present and although he isn't a softy in anyway at all, it made him teary!! We add to it now as well. I made additional pages in his for pics of big events in our future! E's 1st birthday pics and memories have just gone into it!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I be cheeky and ask where you got your notebook from??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics