Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nutella
Beginner March 2013

My Big Fat Nutty Wedding Report - 2nd March 2013

Nutella, 24 of March of 2013 at 21:06

Posted on Planning 76

Well here it is, time for my report that you’ve been nagging me for! I don’t promise that it will be eloquent or flow in a way that’s easy to read. It might even contain details you’d really rather not read about (what I ate for breakfast..!) but I’m not going to apologise, I will however give you...

Well here it is, time for my report that you’ve been nagging me for! I don’t promise that it will be eloquent or flow in a way that’s easy to read. It might even contain details you’d really rather not read about (what I ate for breakfast..!) but I’m not going to apologise, I will however give you permission to skim through the wordy bits and just nosy at the pictures if you so wish.

Background

Before we got together in 2010, we knew each other through work for a good 3yrs beforehand although our paths rarely crossed. To be honest I never gave him a second glance as far as any romance was concerned but he says I made an impression on him from day 1! To cut a long story short it was very much a case of needing to be the right time for both of us and then bam it went from nothing to everything just like that!

Planning a Wedding

In all honesty I think I have ranged from being the biggest nightmare bride to being totally chilled out and having a good amount of perspective (my hitched and HOF friends have helped me with the latter!) We gave ourselves about 18months to plan, although really the time was for saving rather than planning and we had to fix the date around work. I drove myself mad with how obsessive I was to begin with, there are some things you just can’t do that early and it frustrated me! I work in events planning and am used to planning to precision!

During the course of planning the wedding, we both changed jobs twice, I gained a bridesmaid and then lost one, I fell out epically with my own mum and pretty much lost the plot a couple of times. But before I knew it, it was 2013. The wedding was now just 9 weeks away and for every person I could have happily slapped for telling me it would fly by, they were right!!!

The few weeks before were both boring and a rollercoaster at the same time. My dress had not gone to plan and wasn’t ready yet (separate dress report to follow!) but everything else was falling into place and my planning was paying off (I believe I even complained of being bored!) I was really quite taken aback with everyone else’s behaviour in these last few weeks, their excitement overwhelmed me, certain people really stepped up to the mark and took weights off my shoulders. D was the absolute cutest, clearly excited about me becoming his wife. No cold feet in our house! 2 weeks before I had my Mum down with me for a dress fitting and we had a lovely chilled out day, then the weekend before the wedding my best friend (and BM) came all the way from Liverpool to be with me even though it was just 5 days before she had to come all the way down again. She is the best. I luffs her. She kept me excited and squeeeed with me in unison!!!

Wedding week!

I still had to get through 3 days of work. These 3 days were some of the longest of my life EVER! Work was really busy and I kept having to sneak off to print wedding stuff or have my nails done in between pretending to work ?

Evenings were also pretty painful during the early part of the week and I suffered a mini meltdown every night, from my Granny saying she didn’t want to be in any photos, to finding out guests weren’t coming 3rd hand and contemplating the implications of that.

Finally though I finished work and I am not exaggerating when I say I woke up on Thursday morning feeling like a new person. I was calm, rational and nothing could phase me! [insertgirlpoweremoctionhere!]

So, with 2 days to go, we did what every normal bride and groom does. He went off to a job interview the other side of town and I went to the dentist and library… !! Whilst running my little errands I was fielding calls between venue, caterer, mum and my aunty about changing table plans and room allocations. Thursday night I stuck the table plan down.. man that felt good!

It really started to hit home at this point how close we were to getting the show on the road and although we had wedding stuff packed up, we had yet to pack any kind of overnight bags for ourselves.. what would I need, my hair & makeup was being done for me, did I even need anything other than pjs? (sounds trivial but I really did panic, I’m the kind of person who hates packing for holiday for fear of forgetting something)

Once we’d given up on doing any more jobs for the night we laid back and just let it sink in that this was our last night together pre marriage and that this really was real and yes we really did want to marry each other.

76 replies

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Love it! Great pics and great report. Well done Nutty, looks like a great day! Congrats x

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Great report Nutella! Worth waiting for! Looks like you had a fab day, congrats!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! Thank you Smiley smile

We have been thinking of doing very similar so I just wanted to see how it looked, looks fabulous!

Definitely adds a nice touch!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous! You looked absolutely stunning and everything looked so well put together. Congrats!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Great report! It looks like you had an amazing time.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Amazatron Nutts.

That is all x

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

Just beautiful. Loved it, Nuts! Xxxxx

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Everything looks absolutely gorgeous, but I am completely in love with your dress!!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Nutella, did you do your table signs yourself or have someone print them for you?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did it all myself, the table plan and the table signs, I used the leftover card from my orders of service and printed out 2 tables to a sheet of A4 and then used a guillotine to make them A5 size.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report! Congratulations again Mr and Mrs Nutty! x

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I shall be getting crafty and copying this! Hope you don't mind! We were doing the chocolate themed table plan but never thought of putting actual pictures on the table plan and 'numbers' too! x

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Amazing report Mrs Nutty!

Made me well up!

I am so pleased that it was spectacular!

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Amazing. You look gorge and sounds like you had a fabulous day. Looking forward to the dress report because it turned out amazingly. Many congrats Nutty (you will totally always be Nutty)

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I really enjoyed reading it. Congratulations Smiley smile

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

What a great day. You look so pretty Smiley smile

Thankyou for the report.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, wow, wow! I loved it all, great report and beautiful pictures. You've made me excited for my walk to the Church now. Big congratulations to you both ?

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    Bride to be Becky from Derbyshire ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report, love your blue and yellow colour theam , were having black and yellow.

Do you mind me asking where did you get yours and your bridesmaids track suits from ? X

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't mind you asking but I'm afraid since they were a surprise I really don't know!! I know they got diamante iron on transfers from ebay and then added them to the tracksuits but I don't know where the tracksuits came from.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Great report, looks and sounds like it was an amazing day. Congratulations x

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful wedding! You look thoroughly chuffed in every photo!

Can I ask where you got your name lettering from for the top table?

N

X

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Oooooohhh just fabulous! You look absolutely gorgeous Nuts. Everything does, so beautiful. Congratulations again!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

? is how I feel after reading your fab report! Good works Nutts!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Only just got on here after work tonight, having seen just a teaser yesterday. Well worth the wait. You look gorgeous, I love the dress, and it looks like a fab day. Those cupcakes look scrummy!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Oh Nutty - I meant to ask: Did your husband's cousin attend?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Not the one you mean - we didn't invite him or his wife!! (they didn't invite us to theirs ?)

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well I'm not upset they didn't come, if you didn't invite them! You could still have gone to theirs uninvited.... I'd have come with you!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ha, ATB, I asked her the same ages ago, too! Smiley laugh

• MrsWill2b
    Beginner March 2013
    MrsWill2b ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous pictures there. You all look amazing! Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy marriage ? xx

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    Bride to be Becky from Derbyshire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thankyiu, I've found the transfers on eBay just got to decide where to get the tracksuits from now.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report; i was hooked from start to finish!

Congratulations, you look absolutely beautiful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics