Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gryfon

My carpet is ruined! What can I do?

Gryfon, 10 of June of 2008 at 16:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I might be going a bit OTT here but my new carpet (well free from someone new carpet) now has plaster splatters all over it ? Much as I'm grateful for them taking a window out and plastering around the hole someone could have moved my light, surround sound speaker, sofa and covered the carpet first!

Do you think once the plaster which has dropped is completely dry it'll brush out?

I also now have a problem in that I have nowhere now to put the baby down. I can't put her in here as the floor is covered in plaster dust and knowing her I'll end up with hand prints in the cement and plaster, I can't put her in what will be the lounge as that floor has boxes all over it waiting to get put in this room and the kitchen floor also has drying plaster stuck to the laminate ?

We've been in this house since March 2003 and we're still renovating [:'(]

5 replies

Latest activity by Marcela, 16 of August of 2023 at 10:41
  • A
    Beginner January 2006
    AliDaDas ·
    • Hide content

I cant answer re the carpet I'm afraid - but re the baby - can you go and play in her room?

• Gryfon
    Gryfon ·
    • Hide content

I would do, but at the moment it's filled with a fouton waiting to go, a couple of matresses waiting to go in the loft and a double bed with matress waiting to be put up! So at the moment I can go in, put her in her cot and that's about it ?

However I have just set up the travel cot I got off ecycle today and put her in it with a few toys and she seems happy enough ?

Everything is covered in a thin layer of dust though now which is horrible sticky stuff that you try to vacuum and you just end up with lines through the dust where the hose has gone!

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

I would imagine that once the plaster has harden you should be able to break it up and vacuum it off. And as for the dust - I'd use the brush tool rather than the other thing as that might get more up.

I don't envy you. I love renovating but absolutely hate the mess.

• July
    July ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS about the plaster. We had plaster everywhere but we didn't have carpets down but on the windows, light switches and it could be picked of or wiped off.

• Gryfon
    Gryfon ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Was just reminded though that my dad has to come back and sand the plaster ?

Roll on it all being finished!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics