Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peaseblossom
Beginner March 2013

My colour scheme

Peaseblossom, 26 April, 2011 at 20:18 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hello Ladies,

I was thinking about my wedding colours today. I know I want a dark bright green and silver, with cream/white for flowers etc. But I was thinking it would be a bit boring and am thinking of another colour to lift it all. I thought maybe a pale pink tho my mum isn't sure. Maybe a bluey-purple, lavendary colour? I want Echinops in my bouquet so it would be that colour.

Any more ideas? I am feeling a bit sad and lonely as my fiance went offshore for 2 weeks this morning and need ideas and cheering up!☹️

Thanks!

25 replies

Latest activity by Peaseblossom, 8 May, 2011 at 18:25
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Aww don't feel sad we'll cheer you up ?

A few ideas for you:

• Donna Louise
    Beginner May 2012
    Donna Louise ·
    • Hide content

Love the idea of the green and pink! My Fiance works off shore too so I know exactly how you feel!! x

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, some good ideas there, once I figure out how to flash I will send some of my ideas.

He isn't usually offshore, that's why I am finding it hard, it was very sudden (yesterday morning) and it's for 2 weeks. He hasn't been offshore since I met him and also we have only been apart one night since I moved in.

It's a bit pathetic but I feel a bit lost.

• Donna Louise
    Beginner May 2012
    Donna Louise ·
    • Hide content

Its all I've been used to for 10 years and still find it difficult sometimes. Wedding planning always seems to cheer me up though! He'll be home before you know it. xx

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

These are the dresses I like for my BMs: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360267270346&var=630002149500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I really like the idea of combining the *** willows with the flowers as they are silver as well, I kinda want a bouquet that is a cross of all the following!

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, won't let me write pussywillow!

I also want these in fishbowls as centre pieces.

My mum is alright, she just wants it to be her day as well, it's driving me a bit mad. She is looking to buy my step dad a suit (black tails) even tho all the other guys will be hiring grey tails. She also doesn't want cravats, just ties.

Bah!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

The colour of your ticker would go very well with a nice pale green or even a lime green? HTH x

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Sorry... Ticker???

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to bump this, but has anyone else got any ideas. Feeling so lonely this evening... ?☹️

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Ah don't feel lonely (sending hugs!)

My hubbie works in politics in wales so is mad busy with welsh election at the moment so hardly ever see him (working 18 hr days) but it won't be forever

I love the first bouquet pic you posted and the bridesmaids dresses look lush.

Quite an unusual green choice but I love bold colours so i think it is great, in fact one of my latest designs is in this colour

Think purple would look lovely with it.

When it comes to mums, it can be hard but hopefully you can come up with something you both love and then it won't be an issue but at the end of the day it is your wedding and she will have to get over it!!

Anna

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, it doesn't help that all my friends are being cr*p!!

I really like the invite. Do you think a pale pink would go with my green?

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Ah, well hence why I am busy posting on hitched!!

I think a pink would go with it. I find a good way of working colours is to go to your local ribbon shop and you can mix and match shades to see what you like best.

What have you sorted for your wedding so far?

Anna

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

So far we have booked the Cathedral and the reception venue, next is the ceilidh disco and photographer but waiting for fiance to get home with all his offshore money so we can get the deposits down. What about you?

I have chosen my colours obv, and my BMs dresses. Got ideas for favours, flowers, cars, photographers and our cake.

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I got married 5 years ago :-( I just come on here to help with stationery/planning questions. We are going away next weekend though to celebrate being married for five years and together for 10.

Ooh Ceilidh that sounds fun, love dancing - our trip next weekend is a learn to jive weekend!

What are you thinking for your cake?

Anna

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Well we were going to get something from Choccywoccydoodah but it's s expensive. I am thinking quite simple with sparkly green butterflies and ribbon, maybe some glitter and crystals.

I love sparkles!

Congratulations on being together for 10 years. Almost three for us now. ?

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Wow, just looked at their website and they do look lush but weddings do get expensive so hard to have everything.

Glitter and crystals are always good! I have just done three new designs and all include sparkle - I love ribbon and sparkles! I keep thinking I will do some designs without ribbon as not everyone likes it, but it always creeps in!

I can't believe how fast the five years since our wedding has gone, still at least I have my pictures and keepsakes to keep the memories alive!

Right that's me signing off for the night....

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Ok, sleep well! Maybe tomorrow you could post more pictures of your creations?

Bye for now!?

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Slept well thanks!

As requested, here are my other two new designs?

Chat again soon, only quick visit for me this morning as taking my daughter to teddy bears picnic

Anna

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Green & Pink are gorgeous together:

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie H,

It is quite a dark green, there is an eBay link to the dresses I want for my BMs, and I was thinking a pale pink. Would that work?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yep definately:

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! That's given me a few ideas. ?

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

The dark green and pale pink does look lovely together x

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the help guys,

I am thinking pale pink and cream roses, some pussywillow, dark green leaves and some sparkles, then they can easily be adapted for the buttonholes and corsages and the cake of course!

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick update! These 2 weeks have dragged by but my gorgeous fiance is back tomorrow! ?

In other news I have decided to add pale peachy pink to my colours rather than purple or baby pink.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics