Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bride2Bmarch15
Beginner March 2015

My dad 50 died last night 4 weeks before my wedding

Bride2Bmarch15, 2 of February of 2015 at 10:12

Posted on Planning 47

It's only four weeks to my wedding day, I'm devastated . he should have been walking me down the aisle but unfortunately cancer got him , I see him on Thursday and if never seen anyone in as much pain. His funeral is now likely to be 4-6 weeks away because there needs to be an autopsy and inquest ....

It's only four weeks to my wedding day, I'm devastated .

he should have been walking me down the aisle but unfortunately cancer got him , I see him on Thursday and if never seen anyone in as much pain. His funeral is now likely to be 4-6 weeks away because there needs to be an autopsy and inquest . It's going to be righ,t before my wedding day , I really don't know what to do . I don't think insurance will cover if I postpone but it's supposed to be the h,applets say of my life not the saddest.

My dad's ex is arranging the funeral, we have never been friends because she stopped him seeing me when I was growing up I just hope she does the funeral after my wedding or try and sort it sooner . Sounds selfish doesn't it.

Also so we lost my dad's mum only three months ago, I feel borderline depressed I'm trying to keep my self positive my family are falling apart, my grandad wishes he wasn't here.... I just feel everything has gone so very wrong all at the wrong time

47 replies

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

Just didnt want to read & run. Nothing anyone can say will make you feel better at the moment. My Dad died three weeks before i had my first child & his first grandchild was born so i can totally understand how you feel. Please take care of yourself xx

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to read about your dad. What a tough time for you. Rant, cry, talk as much as you need to, my advice would be not to bottle up or deny your feelings.

I hope you can find the time to grieve and have plenty of support around you. Don't be afraid to ask your friends/family/employer for the help you need as many will want to help but just not know how/what to say for the best.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

So sorry for your loss. Whether your dad was at your wedding or not, he would still be incredibly proud of you.

A work colleague's mum died a month before Christmas and I know how hard is was for her - still is. Be kind on yourself. Your dad would want to see you happy.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I am so, so sorry to read this. Can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

I honestly don't know what to say but I didn't want to read and run :-(

Sending you massive hugs x

• Bride2Bmarch15
    Beginner March 2015
    Bride2Bmarch15 ·
    • Hide content

Everything has been so wrong we expected him. To be here yes maybe not fully healthy but he was given until April, when we booked we didn't know about the cancer and it just spread so quickly, then we lost my nan, she didn't want to die before her son and now my dad has gone .. All within 3 months. My mums best freind died last year age 46 from cancer leaving four children youngest 5 , we haven't had much to look forward to except for this .... Please god let the day be ok because I don't want to be a tears mess all day , specially hearing certain songs etc

i wonder if my dad's side will come if it is near the funeral too

• L
    Beginner April 2015
    LisaMH78 ·
    • Hide content

So very sorry for your loss xx

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    sarah121 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry hun. Everyone has said everything already, words won't make it any better. Just make sure you look after yourself, give yourself time and don't make any quick decisions. When the times right, think what you OH and your dad would have wanted. We are all here if you need anything, even just a rant. Don't bottle things up that's the mistake I made. Sending big internet hugs xxx

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Very sorry for your lost.

Thinking of you

x

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

My deepest sympathies at this sad time. I'm sure that even given the history your dads ex wouldn't organise the funeral too close to the wedding.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

So sorry you're going through this x

• L
    Beginner July 2015
    LauraLeanna ·
    • Hide content

I really don't know what to say apart from I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I am so sorry for your loss, I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling right now. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Heathy2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry for your loss. My FFIL has just been diagnosed with this wicked disease and has been given 2-3 months to live. We get married in 4 months and he is so ill now we are trying to get our heads round the fact he wont be at the wedding. It's so difficult to know whether to postpone the wedding or to carry on with it, take some time out and try not to rush into anything. Advice i received has been to go ahead with it, he wouldn't want us to cancel it and it gives everyone something to look forward to at a horrible and sad time.

It's going to be a difficult day whenever you have it and different to the one you first imagined. But as others have said try and incorporate him into the day, there are lots of different ways you can do this.

It doesn't sound selfish to want the funeral sorted out sooner or to have it after your wedding. Can you speak to your dads ex about this?

Thinking of you and sending hugs x

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending internet hugs your way.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Hope you're taking care of yourself x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics