Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Feb2014Bride
Beginner February 2014

My diamond has fallen out my engagement ring - Update

Feb2014Bride , 1 of April of 2013 at 21:13 Posted on Planning 0 32

I feel physically sick. Just went to take a shower and realised the diamond has fallen out my engagement ring!!!! I have searched the house high and low, but can't find it anywhere.

Only had it 2 months. I am I'm floods of tears, don't know what I'm going to do!!

Doubt the shop is going to do anything as the diamond is gone. I'm devastated.

32 replies

Latest activity by RomanticIvoryFlowers21291, 7 of January of 2020 at 10:30
  • BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Is it on you insurance?

sorry if this is a daft question!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Where did your ring come from? Is it insured?

After getting my ER re-sized one of the diamonds on the band fell out and they were happy to replace it (I was lucky enough to find the diamond although they would have replaced anyway).

My ring has a guarantee anyway from the jewler to replace any lost stones within 10 years but if yours doesnt offer this maybe you can claim under your home and contents insurance?

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Where is the ring from?

ive had the same stone fall out twice!! both times never found the diamond.

very upsetting, you should get a standard 12 month warantee.

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

Firstly ((hugs)), I'd be really upset too. So you still have the receipt? I'd expect there to be a manufacturers warranty? Failing that, it may well be covered by your home contents insurance.

Let us know how you get on.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

The shop should still cover it. It's only been 2 months!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Oh god! My dear I'm gutted for you! Same happened to me when I was looking houses! I was emotional! We were insurances fortunately but yours MUST in warranty.

Just relax for the night and give the jewellers a call in the morning

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies, I'm just so upset, feels awful to be without it.

My OH is calling the shop tomorrow, think it was from warren James - not that familiar with the shop myself. Their website isn't helpful.

Otherwise I'll have to look into the insurance route.

Haven't stopped looking for the diamond but no luck - just have a feeling because its lost they will say they can't do anything as I can't prove it's their fault. One sleepless night ahead, silly over a ring but means so much.

Thanks again though xx

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, how terrible. I know you've said you've looked everywhere. Have you totally retraced your movements? Like if you put your hand in a drawer to take something out, check there etc. Have you definately lost it in the house? Perhaps try putting leg of tights over the Hoover tube and go round edges of skirting boards. Check soles of shoes etc.

Hope you find it- the shop should replace it I'd think, after two months that shouldn't have happened, clearly it wasn't fit for purpose.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

That is guttingSmiley sad

It should be covered no questions asked- I lost a stone out of a ring (from Ernest Jones I think) and they replaced it without question.

Just on a side note- ATB what an ace tip about the tights/hoover!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

The shop should cover it. If not, if you have contents insurance that will normally cover items up to £1500 without having to itemise them as long as you still have the receipt.

Really sorry - I know you must feel sick but try not to worry Smiley smile

Awful shock, though.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

My sisters er was with Ernest jones and get diamond fell out within about 3 months, they replaced it no bother.

try not to panic unlike you have spoken to the shop. I'm sure it will all be fine .

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I would think that the shop would replace it after such a short time as long as you still have proof of purchase. One of the surrounding diamonds on my ER fell out too. I whacked my hand on the door handle as I was going through it and didn't realise until a couple of weeks later than one was missing. I'd had mine a long time though so had to claim on my insurance which they paid out for without any hassle but I had to stand the excess of £50 which was a blow but worth my ring back to normal.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick update ....

My OH contact the jewellers today and explained what had happened and how disappointed he with what has happened, their response was “what do you want us to do about it?”

What a stupid question. He said replace it of course and they agreed as it was only 3 months old (he had it a month before proposing) luckily they have my size in stock and he is going to pick it up today – he is finishing work early for me, so lovely of him.

Thank god its sorted I feel awful today without it, sounds silly i know. But major bridezilla panic over.

Thank you for all your advice and lovely words I was so upset last night. x

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

how unprofessional!

Glad its sorted. feels naked huh?

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Yey that's great news!

Dont be daft flower you were not being a Bridezilla! You were having a legitimate emotional moment! I'd be a mess if I lost a diamond out of mine!

Glad it's sorted, I agree the shop response was crap but well done your OH for getting the right result!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again ladies, I have sent the OH a big thank you message and told him to make sure he expresses again in the shop how disappointed he is and also how unprofessional their response was, I’m sure he will.

I had to wear a costume jewellery ring today to keep my finger company.

Cant wait to get home and get my ring, might ask the OH to propose again haha.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Oh yay! Good news that it will be sorted for you.

Silly man on phone I would of made him feel like a right idiot! Lol

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

The OH got a parking ticket picking it up!!! How typical hey. But can't wait to get home, get this costume one off and be reunited with my new ring!!!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Phew! But boo re, the parking ticket.

Now phone up your contents insurance and make sure it's covered just in case! That was one of the first things I did when I got my ring... I'm far too boring and sensible sometimes!

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I'd second that just incase it happens again! Glad you got it replaced in the end, what a relief!

I had a ring from Swag and the diamond fell out...I took the receipt to the shop and they repaired it...the new diamond then started coming loose way after the warranty had expired,but I took it back with the receipt again and they ended up replacing the whole ring...I cried my eyes out as it wasn't my original ring. I couldn't wear it after that !

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Mine's from Swag too.

We were warned that due to the setting of the stones they could come loose (they don't have clasps and are almost suspended) but other than the time it was re-sized and they didn't re-secure the diamonds it's been fine.

They were fine about fixing it, no problems.

Selenalee - Do you not wear your ring now then? ☹️

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Ahh panic over- and you never know you might still come across the diamond..!

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh...this was a ring from a previous relationship that didn't work out ? It must have been similar to yours, it was a band with a diamond suspended in a central channel.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Selenalee that creature in your profile pic is super cute and I WANT ONE! but what the devil is it?

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Feb2014 I am so pleased you got it sorted. I am sure youve checked everywhere, but could it have come out in the shower or sink? Can you get behind the bath panel/under sink and check the U bend or go outside and have a look in the drain?

Did you put any washing on? Could it be in the machine or at the bottom of the laundry basket? Did you go foraging about in your make up bag/box? have you checked in your handbag? Could it have come out when you took off your coat and fallen inside a shoe? (I keep shoes under where we hang the coats and all sorts ends up in them - am I weird?) have you checked the path to your house?

Sorry I am sure you have but it would be raaaaaather nice to have both a new diamond and also an extra spare diamond that could be made into a lovely necklace or something?

xxx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Great news!!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again all, i have my new ring now, yay!!! Feels so good to have it back on.

OH said the shop were really helpful when he got there and couldnt apologise enough. I got a new receipt in case anything goes wrong with this one too, hopfully its ok as i can't go through that drama again.

I am going to have a propa look at the weekend, the tights and hover idea is brilliant, but i was out and about on Monday so could be anywhere, but you never know. I'll let you all know if i find it xx

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

And i will be calling the insurance people today .... right now infact.

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a baby sloth...check out Slothville on facebook...you will be squealing,especially at the videos of baby orphaned sloths ...it actually makes me want to brave the giant insects and go all the way to the sanctuary in South America !

O.P.- Yay and yay- you know it makes sense :-)

• S
    Beginner December 2020
    SunnyPinkFlowers730 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I know this is an old chat, but just came across it tonight after i lost my main diamond out of my engagement ring earlier tonight. One of my colleges found it but i had a nasty scare. Thing is i don't know now what to do... I love my engagement ring but i don't want to be constantly worrying about it for the rest of my life! I have only had 4 month and i have been so careful with it. Going to the shop tomorrow but don't now what to do... Get it fixed and worry about it but get to love it or get a refund and find another one at a different shop? Help!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, see what they say. They might be able to use some different fixings, or add another claw setting (I don't know what your ring is like) just make sure it's a named item on your home insurance just in case xx

• R
    RomanticIvoryFlowers21291 ·
    • Hide content

You can to use Diamond Glaze Smiley winking.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics