Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2011

My dress - and advice needed on hair/accessories to match

clarem1986, 14 November, 2010 at 20:20 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

Here is my dress (having a few wobbles but thats another story!)...in the pic the model has her hair all up, but I was planning on having mine half up half down or all down with a side tiara or something, do you think this will look ok?

Also, I cant decide on whether to have a veil or not...because the tulle material on the skirt, I'm not sure if a tulle veil will be too much tulle material?

I am quite organised with everything else, but my hair and accessories are the one thing I'm starting to panic about! Any advice welcome. thanks girls xxx

12 replies

Latest activity by hez80, 17 November, 2010 at 12:48
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I think her hairstyle looks a little harsh to be honest so I agree a half up half down or all down would suit it really well.

If you are looking for a real statement piece (and feeling brave!) I am currently designing and making a new 2011 collection and have a piece that would suit the detailing in your dress really well. This piece looks great with height at the crown so half up half down would be perfect. (These pics will def not be going on the website! I just wanted to show people how it could look as it's hard to visulise)

Another option could be, again, from the new collection which is a gorgeous diamante side tiara.

These pieces are so new that they aren't on the website yet but please feel free to drop me a line if you'd like any further information, prices etc - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=165812940107562&set=a.165812866774236.33980.109659329056257#!/album.php?aid=33980&id=109659329056257

There's lots of other ideas too on my website http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/tiaras_bands.html but I also offer a bespoke design service if there isn't something perfect.

Personally I wouldn't have a veil but its all down to personal preference.

HTH!

Lisa x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lisa for the advice!

I love that side tiara but not sure if I'm brave enough to have something that big! Maybe I am I dont know! It is gorgeous though and this is the sort of modern look i think this dress needs as I think with a veil etc it could look a bit frumpy. Thanks for your post, I'll have a look at your website and get bk to you! x

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this Lisa - and I think it would look perfect with your dress. I definitely don't think a veil would be right with it - the detailing at the top of it is beautiful and a veil would just hide that. Be brave - the headpiece Lisa has suggested is absolutely beautiful - and it's not too big if you were considering a veil!

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh I agree it really is beautiful and does look lovely against my dress...one problem though is my bridesmaids are all having large headpieces so will it look a bit silly?! This is what they are having. x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Starstruck, Im getting married in March so 4 months away...would love to see some pics, my email is **********@*******.***

Now I think I've got my head set on having a side tiara but worried that all of us wearing side tiaras might look a bit much!! ahhh. My bmd's love their hairbands too! xx

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I'm gladd you like it (and thanks Kerri and Kirsty). It is a brave piece but I would never design a piece that I didn't think was wearable. If it was worn with a slicked back style yes I think it would look too much but with the right hair style it won't be OTT at all, and a real statement.

With regards to your BMs I think if the styles are different enough then it won't be a problem.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I adore your dress, it's princessy but not in the usual massive style and it's so romantic looking.

I have so many options for a side tiara that I can't put them all on here so feel free to email me if you want a nosey.

These are all part of my Limited Edition collection which is proving very popular this year.

This is one of my customers wearing a limited edition design

Have a look at this page for more ideas: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35098&id=138437779505448 & http://lynseysdesigns.co.uk/limited-edition-designs/.

If you see a design but wish to adapt it in any way I offer a free bespoke service.

These are a small selection of other elements that will be used to make a side designs - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=39924&id=138437779505448. A lot of these elements will only ever be used a couple of times to ensure the design is kept quite unique.

My email is ******@**************.**.** if you want to ask anything.

Lynsey x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I have quite a few side tiaras now across the headband and tiara section. They are all ready made and available on 7 day return so you can try them with your dress

Carol

• K
    Beginner April 2011
    Keli ·
    • Hide content

Hi dress twin

When I tried the dress on again the shop owner put on a cathedral length veil with crystals droplets. When i saw the veil before she put it on, i thought it would be to much, but It looked amazing and my Mum and sister both said it made the overall look for me.

I am also going to be wearing my hair half up/down. I am also going to have tiara, as I wanted something in my hair once I take my veil off

This is a picture of the one I am ordering from the bay of E

Keli xxxx

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Love your dress. I really like how the beaading on the bodice follows onto the skirt.....anyway! If you have a look on my website, Harriet is a Happy Client who had a side tiara https://www.katievaledesigns.com/HappyClients.html

and this tiara was designed by Harriet first seeing this one, which is a more modern version but we worked from there.

Everything I do is hand made to order, so I can design something to suit you & your dress. Feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks

Katie

• H
    Beginner May 2011
    hez80 ·
    • Hide content

SNAP, thats my dress too lol

I'm having my hair up with a tiara, but not to blingy cause I didnt want to take the look of my dress!!! I had been thinking of a half up half down with big loose curles, but I went off that since we get married on 28th May and Im hoping(Fingers crossed) that its going to be a summers day, so I felt that if my hair was down it would annoy me and be that hot sticky way, but I think the half up half down would be fine. Not sure about the all down as its quite a glamorous dress.

I'm having a veil. You should try some on with your dress. I wasnt sure if I wanted one, but when i tried it on I really felt like a bride. It has swarovski crystals scattered through it so the veil stops more or less where the tulle starts on the dress and the effect is gorgeous.

try your dress on and take a comb for your hair, do an up do, half up half down and all down and see what you prefer xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics