Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alibarry
Beginner October 2010

my dress doesn't fit

alibarry, 5 of August of 2010 at 10:47 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4

I went for my fitting yesterday with 8 weeks and 3 days to go to the wedding and my dress doesn't fit......the privacy panel at the back wont do up.............a standing joke between me and my fiancee was that I said i would be in a size 12 dress on our wedding day and he asked if i was going to leave the back open...................looks like I am going to have to.

When i found my dress i was only 2 pounds lighter than i am now and it fitted perfectly..........I have 8 weeks to following weightwatchers and i am really worried that I am not going to be able to get in my dress......

Any advice on how not to panic ☹️

4 replies

Latest activity by andrea69, 2 of October of 2010 at 17:30
  • V
    Beginner August 2010
    VintageBride82 ·
    • Hide content

If you only need to lose 2 pounds, you have plenty of time so don't panic!

A friend of mine has recently lost several inches by going to a power plate class 3 times a week so that's definitely worth looking into. In combination with a healthy diet, something like this or pilates will help you tone up easily within 8 weeks.

You'll get there, just keep trying. I swear by the Kelloggs diet they used to promote (2 weeks of cereal for breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner, I always lose at least a dress size in 2 weeks).

I was really paranoid about having back flab on my wedding day so I got a veil that came to just above my waist when placed at the back of my head - it covered that area completely and I felt a lot more confident.
    x

• E
    Beginner October 2010
    Ebstone ·
    • Hide content

I am in exactly the same situation! fly in 8 weeks today and my dress is too small. I too am on WW and swear by it as long as you follow the points system. I am now finding with 8 weeks to go I can follow it without cheating as I know I want the look the best I can in my chosen dress.

Follow the points and you will be able to get there. Where are you based? You will surprise yourself at how much you can loose. Alternatively exercise is the best option. If you can try and build both into your week all the better.

The Vail idea is also great. I have a too the floor one, but that means I will have to take it off at some point?

Good luck, I wish you all the bestxx

Em

• R
    Beginner
    rachel112233 ·
    • Hide content

You will have to work out about every 2 hours after from 9 - 22, You should walk a lot when you get free time, or if you can't do that right now, You can buy a new dress.

• E
    Beginner April 2010
    easterbride ·
    • Hide content

Dont panic,

Is there any way the dress can be let out a little ? You would be surprised the difference it would make.

try and walk, walk walk and drink lots of water. 8 weeks is loads of time... I bet it will be fine.

Best of luck for you day.

• A
    andrea69 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I hope everything was ok for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics