Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

looneysh
Beginner May 2012

My dress still hasn't arrived.....leading to nightmares

looneysh, 27 February, 2012 at 09:57 Posted on Planning 0 5

I was originally due to be married on 17 March...but changed my date to May so approx 7 weeks of a difference....so this hasn't became a major issue yet...however I am starting to feel incredibly stressed....

I was advised my dress would arrive 4 weeeks before, and I have never advised my dress shop that my date has changed so tehnically as far as they are aware my wedding is 2 weeks and 5 days away. I have called every day and they keep telling me not to worry and it will be here any day. Can you imagine how stressed I would be if I stuck to my original date? I would be in serious melt down.

I had a nightmare last night that I received a call saying there was a problem with my order and they couldn't fufill it any longer, so i had to start my wedding dress shopping again...and everything i tried on looked like a BFGW dress with fairly lights etc

Why do some shops think having a wedding dress delivered under 4 weeks is no big deal?

5 replies

Latest activity by lurvlytwink, 27 February, 2012 at 14:22
  • HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

My god, I'd be fuming!! My shop has advised me to allow 6-8 weeks for alterations too. Have you mentioned alteration to them? They are seriously taking the **** and you need to tell them that. I'm really not sure where you stand legally but I think if it were me I'd be looking at back up plans now. If you bought a ex sample dress now then you would still have time to do the alterations etc.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure it will be fine for you- but i know what you mean, i would be super stressed until i had it in my hands!

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

They are aware of the alterations needed as I have booked their own alterations package. I called them every day last week and they kept reassuring me that it will arrive and Alterations won't be a problem....I'm in London tomorrow for work, in Scotland currently and I advised them of this trying to make the point it's super urgent as I won't be available to speak to anyone tomorrow...but they still couldn't give me an exact date...Smiley sad

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Aww hope you are ok babe!

I agree I would be going out of my mind right now, thank god you didn't stick to your original date!! x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Awww, hun, I don't have any constructive advice, but it's a good job that you have enough time until your new wedding date. Easier said than done, but try not to stress too much, and have a ?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Can you ring their HO?

i'd be ringing every hour to get an answer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics