Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious April 2024 West Midlands

My fh wants to cancel our wedding

Sarah, 14 of September of 2023 at 18:36 Posted on Off Topic Posts 1 2
I had a stroke in April and everyone e knew on the ward I was getting married next year and it was my motivation to get up and moving. I'm 97%well again but my fh and mother in law have decided that I won't cope with our wedding whi h was small 22people anyway
I'm feeling pretty sad I've already had to give up my idea for three inch heels come on now

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 18 of September of 2023 at 22:22
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content

Your wedding is completely up to you and if you feel well enough then go ahead. No-one can tell you when you can/can't get married!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

This is really concerning - marriage should be a mutual decision between the two people who are getting married, not something that is decided on the bride's behalf by the groom and his mother! If he doesn't feel ready to marry, then he has every right to call it off, but he has absolutely no right to decide that you are not ready to marry him, and his mother should be having no input into this at all!

I think you need to have a serious talk with your fiancé about this - without his mother being present! Does she usually muscle in on private issues between him and you?

To be honest, I'd be worried about marrying a guy who let his mother tell him when he could or couldn't marry me anyway - so please make sure you get this issue resolved properly before walking up the aisle. You are (or should be) a team, making decisions together as a couple.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics