Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShropshireLass
Beginner April 2014

My Finally Finished Report ****LOTS OF FLASHES****

ShropshireLass, 23 of April of 2014 at 11:59 Posted on Planning 0 36

Finally had the tog pics back yesterday so naturally spent about 3 hours finishing my report! Smiley smile

Thursday 10th - Wedding Day Eve
I'm getting married tomorrow!!!! So much to do today though, not sure where to start...coffee, yes coffee is a good start!
So I have a large coffee and sit down with my thoughts whilst fiancé does the school run. It takes him about 20 mins longer than it would normally due to being stopped by everyone's pass on their well wishes, sweet Smiley smile
I take a last skim over the orders of service. They've been proof read three times by me and my sister, I'm not going to find any typos...am I? And there it is, staring me in the face... Marriage Cerememony!! Noooooooo!!!!!!! Fire up the laptop, reload the printer with paper and carefully pull out the inserts of 70 orders of service!! Thank goodness the double sided tape isn't that good!!
Typo fixed and one last read through before letting the spell check do its thing, I'm taking no chances...finally we're good to go! Hit print and flick the kettle back on, this is gonna need more coffee!
An hour later and surrounded by a pile of complete and typo free orders of service, I breath a sigh of relief!
Right, next job on the list...edit the table plan due to a couple of drop outs and add ons. I'm really quite pleased with the finished article. I hope that's it with the changes though, I've redone it 5 times already!!
Finish packing all the wedding bits and pieces and haul it all downstairs...my bedroom seems so empty now! Time to pick little man up from nursery. Where has the morning gone!? Lots more well wishes from everyone there, and little boy comes out with the cutest little horseshoe that he's made! I get a little teary so make a hasty exit!
I need to nip into town now to pick up some last minute bits and pieces. Oh, and a top to wear tonight...we're going out apparently! Drop the car off for a wash and valet and bump into mom and dad! Little sis calls, her and other sis are also in town. We all meet for a coffee...we've not been all together like this for a very long time! It's lovely to have a chat and be able to discuss minor details about the following day! We go our separate ways and I whizz round spending far too much money in a very short space of time...seemingly a great talent of mine!
I head back home briefly to change, pick up everything needed for the hotel, little girls outfit and suitcases for the next few days....oh, and little girl!
Say goodbye to little man and big man...the next time I'll see them both will be at the church!!
Make a pit stop at my parents house to dump overnight bag, collect red wine and leave little girl in charge of my dad. My mom, sisters and I pile in the car and head over to hotel, stopping on the way to pick up the cases of white wine from sisters pub. Car is feeling decidedly heavy with a large quantity of wine and people on board!!
Arrive at hotel...eeek, there's another wedding going on! Make a note to be as discreet as possible whilst carting our huge boxes through the middle of their reception! I think we managed to blend in...phew!
Our room is in the process of being set up. I throw name place cards and favours at my mom and sisters for them to start putting out whilst I nab a set of muscles and go to retrieve the wine from the car!
Our two fish bowls full of creme eggs amongst jars full of other sweets get spotted by the staff en route...have a sneaking suspicion a few may go AWOL over night!
We've done all we can...I leave muscles with instructions as to where everything else needs to go etc and we bid farewell before piling back in the car. Jobs a goodun! Onwards to our penultimate destination of the night!
Not 5 minutes later, we pull up on the car park of the hotel where my moms sisters aka my aunts are both staying for the weekend...except one is still en route! We order the first bottle of wine for the evening and sit down for a loooong overdue catch up! Aunty J proceeds to pile 2 bagfuls of goodies from L'Occitane on me!! Ooooh, posh stuff!!! A little pamper time later methinks!!
Aunty S finally arrives along with another bottle of wine and after another half an hour catch up chat, we finally order some grub!
We have a brilliant evening...lots of laughs, lovely food and wine. I am good though, I limit myself to 2 glasses. I'm thinking I'll probably be grateful for a clear head in the morning! I feel suitably merry though Smiley smile Hometime!!
Dad has done a fab job with little girl. She is all tucked up and snoring her little head off by the time we get back. Mom goes straight to bed. Sisters and I are far too awake to entertain that thought though...even though it is after midnight!! A long hot bath is in order.
Next on the agenda; manicures and pedicures to ensure all our digits are preened and perfect for tomorrow...well, later today actually, it's 2am now!!!
Bedtime I think. We somehow all manage to fit into sisters double bed. Little sis (I say little, she's 21!) whacks Frozen into the DVD player and we "settle down"
I watch this film on and off three times over the course of the night...THREE TIMES!! I am now singing 'Do you want to build a snowman' to myself...
Friday 11th - Wedding day!!!!
I barely sleep a wink. Every time I look at my phone, it's only 10 mins from the last time I checked. There's also another 35 notifications from Facebook...I've never felt so popular!! I take this oppurtunity to read my good luck thread on Hitched...aahhhh, you guys!!! Smiley smile
I give up with the sleep (or lack of) at 5:50am and get up! I bump into my mom on the landing and she gives me a hug Smiley smile
We have a quiet cuppa together before the rest of the house starts stirring.
I go upstairs to admire my dress which is hanging in the room with little girl. She's half awake but this soon turns to very much fully awake and kicking when she realises where she is and what day it is! I swear, the child is more excited than I am!!!
It's now 7am so I decide it's time to get started on her hair...there's a lot of it, and sisters and I need to be at the hairdressers for 9am! I turn on the best invention ever, my babyliss curl secret and start. It takes an hour and half a can of extra strength hair spray, but she looks über cute with her long curly flowing locks!!
Right missy, let's get you dressed!
Dad, and a now ready and looking pretty damn fabulous flower girl head off to pick up my brother, aka usher 1 whilst we head off to hairdressers where fiancé' sister aka bridesmaid 3 is meeting us. An hour and a half later, we emerge looking a damn sight better than when we went in! Everyone's hair looks fabulous! My mom like hers so much, she has a little cry!
Back home and the photographer has arrived! She's kept herself amused waiting for us lot by taking shots of my dress, shoes and bouquet...and little girl, who is quite the poser!
We rush upstairs to perfect our makeup...a team effort which pays off brilliantly! Everyone looks stunning Smiley smile
Back downstairs for some fizz...it's about blinkin time, and very much needed by this point! Nerves are setting in...I'm getting married in an hour!!!!!
I find sister in the dining room having a stress with the iron so I take over. Yes, I ironed on my wedding day! It was most amusing Smiley winking
Hang on, flowers!! Where are the flowers!? Just as I pick up my phone to call my beautiful friend, she's calling me! Flowers are on the way, she got a little lost but is almost here so no need to panic. Panic? Who's panicking!?
Bridesmaids all dressed, now it's my turn...so damn excited to wear the dress again, and this time I can keep it on all freakin day!!!!!! Yay!!!!
Emergency! My stockings keep slipping down, has anyone got tights!? Bridesmaid 3 has, phew! Oooh, these can double up as my something borrowed...bonus!! Ok, dress on...mom, where are you? I need you to do up my millions of buttons...and tog wants a pic too Smiley winking All done? Ace! Mom and little girl head up lane to church...see you both shortly!!!!!
Ok, so hair? Check. Dress? Check. Shoes? Bridesmaid 3 puts shoes on for me. Check. No idea where bridesmaids 1 & 2 are...oh, flowers are here!? Phew!!
Crap, hands are shaking...can't get earrings in! Bridesmaid 3, lifesaver! Also puts necklace on, headband on and veil in. Perfume!? Where the frig...oh, it's on the bed! Spray half a bottle of D&G Dolce all over my hair, dress and any exposed skin....I smell all pretty! So, I'm done. I'm dressed as a bride and I'm getting married in half an hour!!!!!!!
Sisters present me with a little gift...I open. It's a lovely little blue ring...I have my something blue and it fits perfectly on my index finger. Sorted!
Tog about to leave for church so I make my way downstairs and say 'surprise' to my dad, who was standing outside the front, while she clicks away! His reaction seems to be one of approval...good, do you know how much time and effort went in to looking like this!?
Right, tog bids a brief farewell as my beautiful car pulls up...dad ushers me back inside as a guest pulls into the lane. I knew this would happen!
We wait a few minutes, my mouth is so dry by this point, I neck a glass of water! Better. Hope I don't need to pee in church now...
Ok, this is it. Bridesmaids all aboard their car and heading up to church. Dad does the once over of the house...locking doors, windows etc and telling the dog that Alan (the neighbour) will walk her later. My Beetle pulls of the drive and outside the front gate with a car right behind...sh*t, another guest!! I hide behind dad as the latecomers zoom up the lane!
Watching all 6ft of my dad clamber into the back of a 1970's Beetle was rather amusing. As I waited for him to get marginally comfortable, their neighbour from across the road pokes her head over the hedge and waves manically...I wave manically back. It's now my turn to climb as gracefully as can be (which turns out, not very) into the car. The front passenger seat has been removed to allow extra space for my attire... We're in and we're off!!
It was a lovely, albeit short, ride to the church (all 45 seconds...no joke! I could have walked I suppose, but 1) I'm a lazy cow and 2) in these heels!? ) Tog is waiting for us...a few snaps in the car with dad before getting out, thankfully more gracefully than the getting in!
We make our way up the path, tog still snapping away. Little man comes racing over...I've not seen him for a whole night so we have a big cuddle! A few more steps towards church and little girl comes running over, except she's slightly more clumsy than little man and goes flying and skids to halt on her front right in front of me. Cue lots of tears...including a few from me and a little bit of blood, but dress still in tact! So so thankful for lovely car lady and church lady at this point. Between them, they produce tissues, plasters, water and cuddles and patch up the little lady up nicely! Right, let's get this show on the road!

Thursday 10th - Wedding Day Eve

I'm getting married tomorrow!!!! So much to do today though, not sure where to start...coffee, yes coffee is a good start!So I have a large coffee and sit down with my thoughts whilst fiancé does the school run. It takes him about 20 mins longer than it would normally due to being stopped by everyone's pass on their well wishes, sweet Smiley smile
I take a last skim over the orders of service. They've been proof read three times by me and my sister, I'm not going to find any typos...am I? And there it is, staring me in the face... Marriage Cerememony!! Noooooooo!!!!!!! Fire up the laptop, reload the printer with paper and carefully pull out the inserts of 70 orders of service!! Thank goodness the double sided tape isn't that good!!Typo fixed and one last read through before letting the spell check do its thing, I'm taking no chances...finally we're good to go! Hit print and flick the kettle back on, this is gonna need more coffee! An hour later and surrounded by a pile of complete and typo free orders of service, I breath a sigh of relief!
Right, next job on the list...edit the table plan due to a couple of drop outs and add ons. I'm really quite pleased with the finished article. I hope that's it with the changes though, I've redone it 5 times already!!

Finish packing all the wedding bits and pieces and haul it all downstairs...my bedroom seems so empty now! Time to pick little man up from nursery. Where has the morning gone!? Lots more well wishes from everyone there, and little boy comes out with the cutest little horseshoe that he's made! I get a little teary so make a hasty exit!
I need to nip into town now to pick up some last minute bits and pieces. Oh, and a top to wear tonight...we're going out apparently! Drop the car off for a wash and valet and bump into mom and dad! Little sis calls, her and other sis are also in town. We all meet for a coffee...we've not been all together like this for a very long time! It's lovely to have a chat and be able to discuss minor details about the following day! We go our separate ways and I whizz round spending far too much money in a very short space of time...seemingly a great talent of mine!

I head back home briefly to change, pick up everything needed for the hotel, little girls outfit and suitcases for the next few days....oh, and little girl!
Say goodbye to little man and big man...the next time I'll see them both will be at the church!! Make a pit stop at my parents house to dump overnight bag, collect red wine and leave little girl in charge of my dad. My mom, sisters and I pile in the car and head over to hotel, stopping on the way to pick up the cases of white wine from sisters pub. Car is feeling decidedly heavy with a large quantity of wine and people on board!!Arrive at hotel...eeek, there's another wedding going on! Make a note to be as discreet as possible whilst carting our huge boxes through the middle of their reception! I think we managed to blend in...phew!Our room is in the process of being set up. I throw name place cards and favours at my mom and sisters for them to start putting out whilst I nab a set of muscles and go to retrieve the wine from the car! Our two fish bowls full of creme eggs amongst jars full of other sweets get spotted by the staff en route...have a sneaking suspicion a few may go AWOL over night!

We've done all we can...I leave muscles with instructions as to where everything else needs to go etc and we bid farewell before piling back in the car. Jobs a goodun! Onwards to our penultimate destination of the night!Not 5 minutes later, we pull up on the car park of the hotel where my moms sisters aka my aunts are both staying for the weekend...except one is still en route! We order the first bottle of wine for the evening and sit down for a loooong overdue catch up! Aunty J proceeds to pile 2 bagfuls of goodies from L'Occitane on me!! Ooooh, posh stuff!!! A little pamper time later methinks!!Aunty S finally arrives along with another bottle of wine and after another half an hour catch up chat, we finally order some grub! We have a brilliant evening...lots of laughs, lovely food and wine. I am good though, I limit myself to 2 glasses. I'm thinking I'll probably be grateful for a clear head in the morning! I feel suitably merry though Smiley smile Hometime!!

Dad has done a fab job with little girl. She is all tucked up and snoring her little head off by the time we get back. Mom goes straight to bed. Sisters and I are far too awake to entertain that thought though...even though it is after midnight!! A long hot bath is in order. Next on the agenda; manicures and pedicures to ensure all our digits are preened and perfect for tomorrow...well, later today actually, it's 2am now!!!Bedtime I think. We somehow all manage to fit into sisters double bed. Little sis (I say little, she's 21!) whacks Frozen into the DVD player and we "settle down"I watch this film on and off three times over the course of the night...THREE TIMES!! I am now singing 'Do you want to build a snowman' to myself...

Friday 11th - Wedding day!!!!

I barely sleep a wink. Every time I look at my phone, it's only 10 mins from the last time I checked. There's also another 35 notifications from Facebook...I've never felt so popular!! I take this oppurtunity to read my good luck thread on Hitched...aahhhh, you guys!!! Smiley smile I give up with the sleep (or lack of) at 5:50am and get up! I bump into my mom on the landing and she gives me a hug Smiley smileWe have a quiet cuppa together before the rest of the house starts stirring. I go upstairs to admire my dress which is hanging in the room with little girl. She's half awake but this soon turns to very much fully awake and kicking when she realises where she is and what day it is! I swear, the child is more excited than I am!!!
It's now 7am so I decide it's time to get started on her hair...there's a lot of it, and sisters and I need to be at the hairdressers for 9am! I turn on the best invention ever, my babyliss curl secret and start. It takes an hour and half a can of extra strength hair spray, but she looks über cute with her long curly flowing locks!! Right missy, let's get you dressed!

Dad, and a now ready and looking pretty damn fabulous flower girl head off to pick up my brother, aka usher 1 whilst we head off to hairdressers where fiancé' sister aka bridesmaid 3 is meeting us. An hour and a half later, we emerge looking a damn sight better than when we went in! Everyone's hair looks fabulous! My mom like hers so much, she has a little cry! Back home and the photographer has arrived! She's kept herself amused waiting for us lot by taking shots of my dress, shoes and bouquet...and little girl, who is quite the poser!

I find sister in the dining room having a stress with the iron so I take over. Yes, I ironed on my wedding day! It was most amusing Smiley winkingHang on, flowers!! Where are the flowers!? Just as I pick up my phone to call my beautiful friend, she's calling me! Flowers are on the way, she got a little lost but is almost here so no need to panic. Panic? Who's panicking!?

Bridesmaids all dressed, now it's my turn...so damn excited to wear the dress again, and this time I can keep it on all freakin day!!!!!! Yay!!!! Emergency! My stockings keep slipping down, has anyone got tights!? Bridesmaid 3 has, phew! Oooh, these can double up as my something borrowed...bonus!! Ok, dress on...mom, where are you? I need you to do up my millions of buttons...and tog wants a pic too Smiley winking

All done? Ace! Mom and little girl head up lane to church...see you both shortly!!!!!Ok, so hair? Check. Dress? Check. Shoes? Bridesmaid 3 puts shoes on for me. Check. No idea where bridesmaids 1 & 2 are...oh, flowers are here!? Phew!! Crap, hands are shaking...can't get earrings in! Bridesmaid 3, lifesaver! Also puts necklace on, headband on and veil in. Perfume!? Where the frig...oh, it's on the bed! Spray half a bottle of D&G Dolce all over my hair, dress and any exposed skin....I smell all pretty! So, I'm done. I'm dressed as a bride and I'm getting married in half an hour!!!!!!!Sisters present me with a little gift...I open. It's a lovely little blue ring...I have my something blue and it fits perfectly on my index finger. Sorted!

Tog about to leave for church so I make my way downstairs and say 'surprise' to my dad, who was standing outside the front, while she clicks away! His reaction seems to be one of approval...good, do you know how much time and effort went in to looking like this!?

Right, tog bids a brief farewell as my beautiful car pulls up...dad ushers me back inside as a guest pulls into the lane. I knew this would happen!We wait a few minutes, my mouth is so dry by this point, I neck a glass of water! Better. Hope I don't need to pee in church now...
Ok, this is it. Bridesmaids all aboard their car and heading up to church. Dad does the once over of the house...locking doors, windows etc and telling the dog that Alan (the neighbour) will walk her later. My Beetle pulls of the drive and outside the front gate with a car right behind...sh*t, another guest!! I hide behind dad as the latecomers zoom up the lane! Watching all 6ft of my dad clamber into the back of a 1970's Beetle was rather amusing. As I waited for him to get marginally comfortable, their neighbour from across the road pokes her head over the hedge and waves manically...I wave manically back. It's now my turn to climb as gracefully as can be (which turns out, not very) into the car. The front passenger seat has been removed to allow extra space for my attire... We're in and we're off!!

It is a lovely, albeit short, ride to the church (all 45 seconds...no joke! I could have walked I suppose, but 1) I'm a lazy cow and 2) in these heels!? ) Tog is waiting for us...a few snaps in the car with dad before getting out, thankfully more gracefully than the getting in! We make our way up the path, tog still snapping away. Little man comes racing over...I've not seen him for a whole night so we have a big cuddle!

A few more steps towards church and little girl comes running over, except she's slightly more clumsy than little man and goes flying and skids to halt on her front right in front of me!! Cue lots of tears...including a few from me and a little bit of blood, but dress still in tact! So so thankful for lovely car lady and church lady at this point. Between them, they produce tissues, plasters, water and cuddles and patch up the little lady up nicely! Right, let's get this show on the road!

We get into formation in the porch of the church, bridesmaid 3 holding little girls hand followed by bridesmaids 1 & 2 with little man in between followed by me and dad. Cue the music....omfg....I'm getting married, like NOW!!!!!

There goes bm 3....there goes bm's 1&2...it's my turn! Dad can't walk very fast anyway which is good cos the music is fairly slow. We take a nice gentle stroll down the aisle to a classical version of canon in d. It's very romantic. I look up briefly to a sea of cameras and phones and have a little giggle to myself! I see fiancé turn around...he looks rather nervous, I will silently him not to faint!! The walk comes to an end, I pass my bouquet to dad and give him a hug.

My nerves seemed to have vanished...but I could do with a wee now, dammit! Push that thought out my head. Done. Now all I can think about is how much my headband is pinching behind my ear! We say our vows, exchange rings and the whole time I'm thinking 'ouch...that really feckin hurts!' We are now proclaimed as husband and wife...YAY! The vicar needs to give hubby a little nudge to remind him he ends to gimme a little smooch. We have a little smooch and everyone claps. Lovely!

Yes! We can sit down for five minutes...thank god! I need to sort this headband out. Who'd have thought such a minor adjustment to head gear would give sooooo much relief!! Better, much better. Halfway through the second hymn vicar takes us up to the alter in preparation for the prayers...darn it, I was really getting into the Sing Hosanna chorus before he took the order of service off us!

We watch as everyone finishes off the number. I feel slightly more exposed now...not only can everyone can see us, but we can see them seeing us! At least our backs were to them before...I must not repeat my performance at the rehearsal and get another fit of the giggles. In order to not do this, I must not look at my sister...hard, she's practically waving at us!

Usher 2 takes to the stage to give his reading. He opens with a little bit of background of how we met, goes on to say how perfect we are for each other...it's really rather nice. He finishes with a lovely poem. Must ask him for a copy...

The entire wedding party comes to join us after the prayers. We sign on the dotted line, have some pics whilst the guests warble away to Lord of the Dance. Not sure how many signing of the register photos one needs, but we now have a different one for every day of the week...I was a pro at holding the fake pen by the end!

Exit time!! We lead the line, closely followed by flower girl, page boy, bridesmaids & best men and then the parents coming up the rear. They appear to have swapped partners. This is rather amusing seeing as hubby's mom is 4ft nothing and my dad is 6ft...
The bells are ringing, the sun is shining....WE JUST GOT HITCHED!!!

I spy best man 1 with a hip flask and take a celebratory swig...let's get this party started!! Guests start piling out behind us and bubbles are handed out. Children are running around, everyone is laughing and smiling and taking photos...it's a lovely, relaxed and happy atmosphere...with bubbles!
I am suddenly very aware that I need a touch more lipgloss if I'm to be in all these photos. I ask bm2 to grab mine from her bag...but it's all the way in the car so she does one better, she goes around the guests asking if anyone had any! My beautiful flower friend produces a lipgloss wand and I am eternally grateful...now, feel free to snap away! Which people do...a lot!

After a few whole group shots, we shoo the guests away to the venue where free booze & canapés await them whilst we have a few more photos taken on the lovely church lady's very large lawn right next to the church. I'm getting quite good at posing...or at least I think I am.

Finally we settle ourselves down in Annabelle ( the Beetle) and set off to the hotel venue, quaffing a rather nice bottle of champers as we go. It so nice to be able to have a chat and spend some time together...he tells me about his night and morning, them I tell him about mine. Honestly, mine sounds better...my child was co-operative. His, not so much...apparently it takes 3 grown men to coax a 4 yr old into putting on a suit.

Car man goes the long way to the hotel, selfishly I don't mind though...more time to ourselves! Car lady follows closely behind in Annabelle's sister, Josephine (also the name of my sister)...they brought her as a back up in case Annabelle misbehaved, which thank goodness, she didn't!

We arrive about 30 mins after everyone else. So nice to see them all sitting in the sunshine, having a drink and chat though...I want to join in! Hang on though, more photos? Ok...but not too long, I want to see people! Oh look, there's my darling little girl! This time when she runs over to me, I catch her before she falls over her feet again!

She joins us for photos but no sign of little boy...most probably off terrorising granny! In fact, there's no sign of anyone else. Just the 3 of us then! Little girl blows a few bubbles for effect whilst we have a few snaps.Then we have some wandering snaps...I'm getting bored now. Just a couple more? Ok, I'm not sitting on the bench though, it's grubby. (My ONLY bridezilla moment!)

Snap...snap...snap...snap...one more...snap. All done! Candid shots only allowed now...my face needs a rest!!

We finally get to mingle! I get so many lovely compliments on my dress, I'm inclined to agree with everyone of course. My beautiful brooch bouquet is subject of many conversations...everyone wants to see and admire it. The 'you don't want to be throwing that' lines don't get boring and I'm not even fed up of flashing my new bit of bling to everyone who asks either. It's great being a bride...everyone is so nice to you!

Grubs up! Great...I'm surprisingly starving!! It is half past 3 though and there was a distinct lack of edible breakfast this morning. It was more a liquid based meal...
We have the red carpet outside for the receiving line, because it's such a lovely day it's a shame to waste the sunshine! I watch anxiously as guest pile in the wedding breakfast suite, crossing every finger and toe that the table plan worked, nobody was missed and everyone had a seat. They do? Fan-bloody-tastic! I mentally give myself a high five! Now I've just got to hope they've all got the right food and we're home and dry!
We are announced and we make our way through the tables....I'm leading and it seems as though I've taken the most awkward route. Dodging and squeezing our way through, we make it and take our seats. Everyone sits. Wine is poured and dinner is served. Lovely!

We get a few waves from the crowd over dinner. The odd person getting up to take photos too...I don't mind though, as long as they don't get me with a mouth full of brûlée! Tog joins us for grub too. We have a last minute drop out therefore a spare seat and 3 course meal so for the duration of dinner, tog will be Anne. Tog is more than pleased with this arrangement!

Right, so...now everyone is suitably full and at an acceptable level of tipsyness, it seems like a good time for speeches. Bubbly is poured, speakers wheeled in and the lovely co-ordinator passes the microphone to dad. I'm sure he just turned a little bit green... I look to my right and see hubby also looking slightly off colour. Well, it can't be the food...everyone else looks perky. It must be the thought of having to say nice things about me in front of so many people...
Dad stands up.

I've never seen him so nervous before, but he delivers a wonderful speech. There are laughs aplenty, and one or two tears. Lots of lovely things about me too, which is rather nice to hear Smiley smile I particularly like the line 'devoted mother to N and D'...makes me quite weepy. He also describes me as determined, although swiftly follows this with his alternative word...stubborn. He goes on to say my mother is very determined also...cue lots of laughter!
A few more laughs before he wraps up by toasting me and the hubby Smiley winking We all clap after having a swig.

Wedding co-ordinator retrieves microphone and proceeds to pass it to my now profusely sweating husband when a little voice pipes up to my left. Little girl has a little passage she would like to read...ahhh bless her little socks!!
Dad lifts my little lady up so she's standing on her seat and facing the crowd. She's only 6, but within seconds, she has the attention of every single person in the room.
She is a little wobbly reading the first line, but any nerves she may have soon seem to vanish. By the end of the second paragraph, there isn't a dry eye in the room. I'm a blubbering mess, mother in law passes a tissue...she's also a blubbering mess. Hope she kept one for herself!
I regain composure in time for the last couple of lines...my little sweetheart has done me and her daddy so so proud! Applause is huge, she stands lapping up the attention with the biggest smile on her little face. She seems reluctant to sit down!!

And now it's Hubby's turn!

My husband stands and retrieves several bits of paper from his pocket and fumbles about with them for a second. His speech is much shorter than dads, but is very heartfelt...and rather funny in places! He makes a point of saying we've done it all a bit backwards, which gets a good laugh. He is keen to thank my extended family for making him so welcome, which is lovely...they all love him to pieces! Esp Grandma, whom I think at times, loves him more than she loves me! He's def her favourite 'grandson-in-law'...
Hubby wraps up with another swig of booze...cue applause. He looks mightily relieved its over, bless him!

Time for best man 1 & 2 to deliver theirs...now, this should be interesting!! And it is. There's lots of quips about hubby punching above his weight. A story about condom shopping in his teens (which apparently resulted in him buying a mars bar instead because he was too embarrassed...ah bless!) Best man 1 takes mic. His half of the speech is the sensible yet still fairly humorous part. Lots more nice things said about us...I could get used to this!!

Well, that's the formalities over...bring on the music!!!!

Guests slowly start to make their way out of the reception room and over to the function suite for the evening party. I mingle, I’ve hardly spoke to anyone yet! It is so nice to hear how everyone is enjoying themselves so much! Even the cousins who don’t really have much of an opinion on anything have nothing but lovely things to say about every element of the day so far! Fab! Mission accomplished!!

I am just about to nip upstairs to my sister’s room to have a pee…not even going to attempt one of the cubicles in the ladies! Hubby stops me on the way and excitedly pulls me into the evening room…WHERE A BAND ARE SETTING UP!!!!!!! We’d only booked a DJ due to budget, despite really really really wanting a band. To say I am surprised is a major understatement! I squeal a little, do a little dance and jump up and down (well, as much as my shoes let me!)

It is his parents wedding present to us, and I am so so freakin happy!!!

Now I really really need to pee after all the excitement! I nip upstairs with sis. Whilst we are there, I decide to bling myself up a bit! Dress straps off, belt on and sparkly necklace on...I'm ready to dazzle!!

The first dance (I use the word ‘dance’ loosely…more of an awkward shuffle) seems to last a lot longer than I thought it would! Seriously, how long is this song!? Little girl comes up to join us about half way through… little boy is more interested in the sweet table unsurprisingly! I do grab him for a quick dance though…

Next, we cut the cake...

The rest of the evening goes by incredibly fast, but we have the BEST time EVER! We dance, we drink, we mingle, and we laugh. I get really excited whenever a new guest turns up…so many people have come to see us! It’s such a wonderful feeling to be loved by so many people!!

I go to bed with a huge grin on my face…I am a little bit sad because the day is over but so, so incredibly happy!!

Well done if you managed to read all of that! I know we only read reports for the flashes, but I wanted to include as much of the day as possible to help me remember it all!! I have really enjoyed putting it all together with the pictures too!

Thank you to everyone on hitched for all your help and advice along the way! I'm not ready to say goodbye, so I will linger around the forums for a little while longer yet Smiley smile

36 replies

Latest activity by LittleSnowflake, 3 of May of 2014 at 22:42
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Owww.... ☹️ (sitting here sulking, lol) can't wait to read the rest ?

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    corr1ne ·
    • Hide content

How lovely. If I'm in tears reading your report, what am I going to be like on my day? Patiently waiting the next installment.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Lol, thanks! I have written it....just waiting (impatiently!) for the photos!! Smiley winking

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

Such a beautiful report, now too impatiently awaiting the rest. Hurry Up Photos! Smiley smile

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

Loving it. I want the rest!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Loving this!! Can't wait to read the rest Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

Awww seems beautiful so far. Wish I had waited now until it was finished. Going to be on here to keep checking.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Big congratulations. I love a good and detailed wedding report.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely and looking forward to the rest.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Love it so far!! And your dress is just gorgeous!

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great so far - your little girl looks so sweet and I can't wait to see some more photos of your fabulous dress!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

I finally got round to finishing my report...sorry its so long!!!!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Wow - simply Wow!! xx

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

I love it! The way you wrote it made me feel like I was there with you. Congratulations, and I hope your married life is as good as the wedding day clearly was x

• cosmictrout
    Beginner August 2014
    cosmictrout ·
    • Hide content

Fab report! All looks really lovely :-)

can I be cheeky and ask where you got your headband from - it is beautiful!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, thanks Smiley smile Its from the Alan Hannah Devoted collection at Debenhams...the £60 one xx

• sarah1976
    Savvy September 2016
    sarah1976 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sat here with (happy) tears streaming down my cheeks!

What an amazing report of your special day..

Thank you so much for sharing with us xx

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, beautiful report ;-)

• cosmictrout
    Beginner August 2014
    cosmictrout ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh....yay ? I got a little teary eyed reading that. Sounds (and looks like) you had the perfect day.

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful. Fab report, fab day! You looked incredible! Your poor little girl fall down, bless her.

Head on over to Off Topic where a lot of the "Old Married's" hang out. ?

• becca030713
    Beginner June 2014
    becca030713 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I loved reading your report and your dress is soo pretty!

It's nice to read a report from a bride who is already a mum, my boys (4.5 yrs and 18mths) will be at ours and I wonder how it will go!

Thanks for sharing Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful report and stunning pictures, i love your dress! Had to blink away a few tears reading that... which could have been embarrasing if my boss had walked in!

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! your report was such a delight to read and you day looked fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us Smiley smile x

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    nemi ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! It looks like you had a wonderful day and you looked beautiful!

Thank you so much for posting this. I loved reading it. I was in tears at several points. I need to harden myself up before my day or I'll be a wreck!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report and your photos are wonderful.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Gorgeous photos!

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

WOW!! That is an awesome wedding report! I have had a little tear (it was the little one in the speeches that did it) but I feel all happy for you! Congratulations!

x

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

A beautiful day and beautiful people. Thank you for sharing it with us!

• LoveBug1950
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveBug1950 ·
    • Hide content

What a wonderful wedding report. Had my laughing and crying throughout. The line about buying a Mars bar instead of condoms had me roaring!

Thank you for sharing, you all looked amazing.

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Great report! Very entertaining.

I like the bit about your Grandma loving your OH more than you- mine is exactly the same.

Glad you had such a fantastic day.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

The first report I've read since joining and I loved it, it was so detailed and teary. Your little girl and boy looked so cute in their outfits you must be so proud! :] You looked amazing, and it looked to be a beautiful day x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics