Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DrBuffles
Beginner August 2014

My 'OMG it's less than 6 months to go' Mega **FLASH**

DrBuffles, 3 of March of 2014 at 12:51 Posted on Planning 0 33

I'm getting worried about time ticking away so thought I would do this to help me feel better about what has been done!

Venue

Wedding rings

For the morning I am making myself and the bridesmaids silk robes like these. Mine will be blush with black and the girls will have black with blush trim (i can't afford the Agent Provocateur price tag!!)

EDITIED to include food!!

These are our starters - very excited!

33 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowBridesmaid268, 15 of December of 2014 at 10:54
  • *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

It all looks beautiful! Where is your venue? I have been to a wedding somewhere really similar before so I wonder if it is the same place? It was at Dodmoor House just outside Northampton.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, it's The Kingscote Barn in Gloucestershire.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

All totally stunning! I was interested in what underwear you'd choose! (ok we know that isn't THAT weird!).

I love the starters, look ameeeeeezing!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Looking fantastic!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I have been totally in love with your venue since you first flashed that gorgeous canopy but I had no idea your dress was equally as stunning!! I adore all the corks too ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Oh - and I've only just realised who you are on FB, because I recognised the flash of your rings. This is even though you posted a pic of Chip sitting on your knee while you were making stationery the other day.

I am thick!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha I only realised you were you today when you posted the link to your planning thread! hahaha

I know the undies are maybe an over share in some peoples world but I live and breath pants so they are just as important as the dress to me! hahaha I also have some more stashed away for the honeymoon. I've been hunting out sale bargains as I would need a mortgage to pay for my addiction otherwise!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is the funniest line that I've read in a wedding plan thread in a long while! Your planning looks wonderful and I just love the stripey element that you've added, really unusual.

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

I love the fairy light canopy - looks magical! I'd go for it personally! I love the underwear too.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Haha - yes definately a contender for 'best comment in a thread' award!

I can only see the picture of your night ones though as I didn't realise you'd posted two, it's just got a wee cross ☹️.

When I was uploading my flashes - I had a pic of my underwear but thought against it. I no longer live and breath pants like you so they are pretty standard!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Everything looks so beautiful! Love it all - especially the food Smiley tongue

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well I hope you will remember it when it come round to the Hitched awards next time!

I've edited it. Hope you can see now!

I'm disappointed with the lack of undies flashes TBH!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Pretty! Does he waspie sit smoothly under your dress?

There you go! Very boring in comparison!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No idea, I don't get my dress until beg May. If I'm honest It's unlikely but small details like this do not get in the way of me justifying buying the complete matching set!!!

It will get modelled at some point during the day/week after. I'll prob end up with a nude seamless thong and shaper slip!!!!

Yours are lovely. The knicker shape is really flattering.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

My dress has a built in bra so no bra, and for pants I was told Shapewear! Not quite what I had in mind I have to say and I will think about this when the dress comes in.!! Look forward to hearing other people's thoughts. I think we all have the idea of a gorgeous trusseau but who knows......

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going with big pants as my dress is quite fitted, a bit like a security blanket really.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

It all looks amazing.

• Joebella44
    Beginner March 2015
    Joebella44 ·
    • Hide content

All the pics look amazing! I looked at Kingscote, beautiful venue! I'm getting married just down the road in Tetbury!

Loving the underwear, I'm with you on the underwear thing, have a bit of an underwear obsession myself. Haven't started looking at bridal underwear yet though!

The starters also look very yummy!!

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Oh lots and lots of very pretty stuff! I could mention everything and be here for hours as it all looks fab together, but I especially love your venue, your shoes, your dress and your use of corks! ?

• SophiaKitty
    Beginner October 2014
    SophiaKitty ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely loved looking at your flashes! Looks like the makings of a wonderful day Smiley smile

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Wow, it all looks amazing! Your starter looks immense and I love your dress ❤️

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

It all looks great - we're colour scheme twins; I'm having black and blush pink too Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner December 2015
    LuxuriousYellowBridesmaid268 ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about getting married at Kingscote - it is beautiful! Which caterer did you use? Would love an antipasti starter like that so it would be fab to know which caterer you went for Smiley smile

Thanks and hope you had an amazing day!

xx

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought it was Dodmoor House too! Was almost convinced of it until i saw the response saying not.

It all looks gorgeous, love the starter idea and the corks

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

SO. MUCH. PRETTY!!!!

ETA: Dr Buffles come back and show us your lovely wedding!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I thought about Dr Buffles the other day for some reason. I don't think she's been around since she got married though...

• G
    Beginner June 2015
    GCL2015 ·
    • Hide content

I love it all! Looks fab.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

That's all incredible, love every last detail! The swishy underwear slip thing is gorgeous! Also loving the corks, we've got a massive bagful that I've been meaning to do our initials with for ages, you might have just given me the kick up the bum cus they look really good! Really really beautiful flash!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello! I am still alive! Was shocked to get a notification from this in my email!

To the girl who asked who our caterer was it's Strawberry Fields and I would recommend them 1000%!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

D'oh, didn't realise this was an old thread, I only checked the dates on the second page which were from today! Well it still looked gorgeous :-D

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Love it! Well done on such a fab looking wedding! Can't wait to see it all together in pics. Your shoes are AMAZING!!

x

• L
    Beginner December 2015
    LuxuriousYellowBridesmaid268 ·
    • Hide content

Amazing thank you - and sorry I realise it was an old post so just thank you for replying and letting me know! Smiley smile x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics