Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ashlil
Beginner February 2011

My Owl day

ashlil, 6 of June of 2013 at 15:57 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Hello all

just thought I'd flash some photos. Excuse the stupid faces and lack of make up. it was also a very cold day

This is Troy the Tawny Owl - whos very afraid of heights

This is cinammon whos an Eagle Owl - she's beautiful

Cinamon and me

moneypenny a beautiful secretary bird - but a baby one - we didn't fly her but were introduced, shes a stunning looking bird with gorgous eyelashes (sorry shes sideways)

and this is Tolkien a Milky eyed owl

I also had the pleasure of flying a great grey owl called Walter (the species of owls the weasley's had in harry potter), a siberian owl called Gucci who was stunning and a vluture called Fagin, but I dont have photos to upload as they are on another camera and haven't sorted as yet.

But I had an absolutely fabulous day and was looked after superbly by the Hawk Conservancy Trust who ran the experience, I thought it was great value for money - they are in north hampshire and a fabulous place to visit even just go down and watch the amazing displays.

The heaviest i think was the vulture who was 4lbs but everything else ranged under 2lbs they look huge and heavy but are amazinging light, more feathers than anything.

9 replies

Latest activity by SuperSpud, 7 of June of 2013 at 11:34
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Wow that looks amazing Ash!

The owl called Cinnamon looks beautiful! I never realised how beautiful owls are!

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Wow....was this a gift experience...........I have a friend who is mad on owls and would absolutely love it.........btw they do look massive, didn't realise owls could look so big!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Glad you enjoyed it, they look stunning birds although this gives me the jeebies just looking at that, birds scare me!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi yes it was a gift experience, we are members there but usually just go down and watch the shows - which are fabulous anyway and they offer the experiences - I held 5 owls and also a vulture which was random but a great experience - half a day for my xmas present but i know it was about £70. It was the best thing I'd done.

Visit the website, go to visit the trust tab, experiences are there, it was good as the voucher was valid for a year - but good to go and visit anyway they have 3 displays, 1 of them is owls anyway

https://www.hawk-conservancy.org/index.asp

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the info..........I will let my friend know....and show her your piccies

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

They are so beautiful, I love owls. Wasn't it sange who had a pet owl in her garden?

Im going to get mrmini to do this with me. Looks fab.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic Ash! Brilliant pictures and beautiful birds Smiley smile

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

definately go Mr and Mrs mini - its not too much of a trek is it for you guys - near Andover/Winchester

it was brilliant - they do max 6 people per experience and we had 4 on ours which meant we got more flights with the birds. But would say whether you do morning or afternoon session stay for a day and enjoy the conservancy.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

? That owl is MASSIVE! As big as a HUMAN MAN!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Aww, looks like you had a fab day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics