Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner

My poor baby rat has hurt his tail :-(

darkivy, 29 December, 2010 at 11:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 20

No real point to this post but my poor little rat Zak got his tail caught in his cage wire and has a really nasty gash ☹️

We're off to the vets soon to get it looked at, that will be fun as hubby is at work so I have to go by myself with no one to hold the carrier shut, yay.

20 replies

Latest activity by darkivy, 1 January, 2011 at 14:53
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Hope hes alright, my pal has pet rats...... not my thing personally. But a pets a pet.

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Teehee.

I think rats are like marmite, people either love them or hate them lol.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had two when I was 16... Rizzo & Kenickie... they make great pets and are actually really clean animals, plus they are so much more entertaining than hamsters!

I hope his little tail is ok... x

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, he has had a painkiller injection and is now happily munching a biscuit so I think he is feeling ok!

They are great pets, scarily intelligent and very entertaining, and they understand a lot of words, if I say 'do you want this?' they both come running for a treat!

x

• Eliza Rain
    Dedicated January 2025 Surrey
    Eliza Rain ·
    • Hide content

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Rats rock - used to have two - Ieune and Blethyn (welsh they were, see?!) & I adored them. They have long since gone to Ratty Heaven - within a week of each other
    Smiley sad but as I have cats now, rats are not an option, but I'd like to think I'd home some ratties again in the future.

Didn't help that in my old house, the cats used to frequently bring in harbour rats as 'gifts' and it used to upset me something chronic whereas the neighbours were celebrating!! I know wild rats aren't quite the same as fancy rats but ...

Got any piccies of your boys, Dark Ivy?

Moom

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Hi Moom, awww what type were your Welsh ratties? I have a black hooded rex (Toby) and russian blue (Zak). They are just the cutest! I think wild rats are quite cute too, probably wouldn't have them draped round my neck like these two but still...

Have attached a couple of piccies of the boys...

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Aww the top one looks just like my Kenickie, and the other one I had was a much darker shade of the second one, almost black.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

OMG they are so like the boys that I had when I was a teenager. The black and white one was Emlin and the brown one, Gizmo Smiley smile Mum used to call them my Gremlins

• Eliza Rain
    Eliza Rain ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry DI but you have obviously sneaked into my house, found my removable hard drive, found photos I stored years ago and posted them as your own. Those are MY rats. And even the colour of the material Zak is on - that was my sofa colour.

Seriously - I could be looking @ Iue and Bleth. I've no idea what type of rats they were - I rescued them from caged hell in Pets @ Home ... but they are are the spit of your dudes.

And your dudes are obviously GORG! I want rats again ... : (

Hope the wee mans tail is getting better.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

One of my daughters rats managed to "deglove" his tail......Horrible to see. He had to have the damaged part amputated. (btw, she currently has 16!!!)

These born exactly one year ago...

This one washing.....they are better and cleaner pets than many realise......

• Eliza Rain
    Eliza Rain ·
    • Hide content

Deglove? I've not heard that phrase before but i can imagine ... <shiver>

Poor ratty rattius!

16? Cool!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were up to 21 a while back!!!!!?

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Awesome pics Peter!

I have had rats before too - Aswell as hammies, gerbils, mice etc. Rats are so intelligent.. You definitely couldn't wander round with a hamster perched on your shoulder, but rats are awesome! I had 2 cats while I had rodents, the cats new not to go near the rats as they would try to nibble their noses, they weren't scared of the cats at all ha!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hands up....they are my daughters photographs.......We also have two cats and they keep well clear of the rats.....

• M
    Beginner
    milly312 ·
    • Hide content

Attention! a Large Selection of Appealing 2011 New Wedding Dresses at the Most Competitive PriceGreat!! Sex-Kittens all Have a Crush on Floor Length Bridesmaid Dresses How to TricksSalma Hayek's wedding dresses 2011.Captivating short wedding dresses are One of Most Dramatic Collection All over the World.Some Trend Bible to Wear Wedding Dresses. 2011 wedding dresses Are They Still In Reign?Attention! a Full Range of Luxury cheap bridesmaid dresses at Every Price 53.7% of People Complain that they Can not Afford Genuine wedding dresses.
    I'm pleasure to set up this website to introduce some wedding dresses to the lovely girls who are searching for an appropriate short wedding dresses which can make her be the princess in her own wedding ceremony!

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Peter - gorgeous pics!

Moom - nope definitely my ratties you can't have them lol! The photo's were taken on a little 'photoshoot' on the bed (while hubby was out!). My boys are only just 4 months old despite the size of them! And Zak is more of a silver colour in the flesh. I used to have a siamese boy (Ben) and a dark brown girl (James - sold as a boy oops) gorgeous!

Pets at Home always breaks my heart - there are 3 adult male rats in our local one at the moment and I am wondering if I could squeeze another cage in somewhere!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As the rats forums say....you are suffering NMR syndrome.........(Need More Rats)

• Eliza Rain
    Eliza Rain ·
    • Hide content

Peter - the photo of the one washing is awesome! Its soooo cute!

Dark Ivy - you know those rats want to come live with you ....!

Im surprised those of you with cats haven't had any issues - I'm just not sure my two wouldn't end up trying to catch them - they are always hunting and seem to bring home more small furries than feathered : ( although I'm guessing you don't leave a rat roaming free in the room with the cats??!

Happy new year to all rat lovers!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Moomin...although I can't take any personal credit for this image....my daughter is awesome at animal photography and has recently had the leading cat magazine offering a substantial sum for one of her siamese cat photographs to appear on their cover.......

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

you must be proud photography must be in the genes.

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

They are great pics from your daughter Peter she must be very talented. Animal photography is quite a challenge I find, most of the pics of my boys turn out a blur as they are faster than the camera shutter lol!

Happy new year to everyone and any ratties out there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics